Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger; that is correct. We will not be in Sedona until Saturday evening as I have to work until 6p on that Saturday. I think we should be up there by 8 or 8:30. We are also looking into a hotel as well now with the camping knowledge.
    USMC F&AM

Comment

Looks like I'm set and ready to go for this now, possibility of my Dad joining as he is moving this way soon. Roger, I will send you a PM with my cell number closer to time for the trip to plan out a meeting spot. I'm headed to California this weekend (Stagecoach) then Oregon for two weeks, returning to Phoenix on the 13th. There is a chance that I will be headed up early on Saturday the 14th, rather than the evening, it all depends upon my flights on Friday and how hard they work me in Oregon. How would Saturday around noon work for you Roger?
      USMC F&AM

Comment

That should be okay
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Good to hear. Looks like my dad is officially in; he moves to Phoenix on Tuesday. I may be up in Sedona earlier on Saturday than expected as I now have the day off thanks to flying back from Oregon the night before.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

I took Russ's suggestion and made reservations at the Sugar Loaf Lodge. We will arrive Thursday PM and leave Monday AM.

Chris, I'm sending you via PM my cell number and my wife's number also. I guess I need to know eventually if we should hang around Saturday morning and wait for you? Do you have an ETA when you might arrive in Sedona?

Roger
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

I'm working out the details of the Saturday morning ETA now. I suppose I won't know until later next week. I'm set to fly home to Phoenix on Friday the 13th, arriving around 10p. For the time being I plan to leave early on that Saturday morning, arriving in Sedona around noon at the latest perhaps. Any thoughts on what trail(s) would be good to do on that Saturday? Maybe Schnebly and Soilders?
              USMC F&AM

Comment

I don't have the map books for the area. You lead and we'll follow! We may want to stop in and to to Jeep rental folks for trail suggestions.
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Looks like all is set for this weekend! I should be getting to Sedona by or before noon on Saturday along with my dad and his TJ. (Nice to know the YJ's will have the run of the place) I'm thinking on Saturday we can do Schenbly Hill and Soldiers Pass, with Soldier's Pass being the first. Then Sunday run Broken Arrow as it is the longest of the 3 and the most scenic. I know we'll be stopping often for lots of pictures. I haven't worked out a hotel yet, but I think there is a campground in the area we may try to stay at. Otherwise we'll find some ground in an open camping area. Roger, should we plan to meet up at Barlow's around 11 or so? If I'm going to be earlier or later than that I can always call and let you know. Looking forward to it things this weekend! Should be a great trip.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                  X