Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Dishpan Springs Trail

[COLOR="blue"]Dishpan Springs Trail is looking pretty good as of today. It's the roughest I've seen it in several years. There's no snow, but the rains have improved most of the trail dramatically.

I was thinking of running it from Lake Arrowhead to the gate and then backtrack to Arrowhead again. This should give a full day of 4 wheelin. You won't be dissapointed

Minimum requirements
    33" tires and at least one locker.

Meet @ Hwy 173 & Hook Creek Rd in Cedar GLen.
    9:00 am next Sat. March 26th.[/COLOR]

Sounds like tons of fun Mike, but I will be on my way to Moab next Saturday. There will be fresh snow on Sunday for sure but it will probably melt off by Saturday. That just means that will will be just as gnarly as you found it today. I know that you will have a great time. Post up pics!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

I work on Saturday. If you were going on Sunday I might have been able to swing it.
      It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

Mike how bad is the off camber spot between the waterfall and the east gate?
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
          Mike how bad is the off camber spot between the waterfall and the east gate?
          [COLOR="blue"]It's all "good" between the 2 points. It's all passable, there's no dangerous spots.[/COLOR]

Comment

I love that description Mike. Isnt that the off-camber turn that after I went thru it you said that several people have flopped it going thru there. Perfect!

Comment

Yea Mitch That's why I asked. I think more people have flopped there than at the waterfall.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Yea Mitch That's why I asked. I think more people have flopped there than at the waterfall.
                [COLOR="blue"]Oh thaat section....I had at least one wheel on the ground at all times LOL.
                The reason many have rolled over there is they try to take the upper shelf, which is only for motorcycles now. It looks possible, but drops you down into the lower track. The track for the Jeeps dosen't pose a tip over risk. [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]I took my JK through there after the last snow, going both directions w/o any issues. So I know Mitch can make it. But you have to have Goodyear tires W/ Kevlar.[/COLOR]

Comment

So how is the first climb past the bridge?

Comment

So how is the first climb past the bridge?
                      [COLOR="blue"]Not too much change from normal, in fact the first obstacle is pretty flattened out. [/COLOR]

Comment

I'm in, with a couple more storms coming this week it should be some good fun.

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Last night we got about 1 1/2 feet of snow. It's snowing right now, plus another storm is moving in on Wed. Sooo....I'm not sure well even make it to the tippy spot.....[/COLOR]

Comment

Posponed

[COLOR="blue"]After looking at the mountain weather, it's calling for snow Wed, Thurs and Friday. So I think I'll pospone this run for a couple of weeks.

I was thinking maybe doing the Cakewalk instead, I haven't been on that trail for quite some time. [/COLOR]

Comment

Any chance of doing cakewalk on Sunday rather than Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                              X