Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    My report:

I suggest you pay $10.00 for the 96 page program. It has a great map of the course in it. It's overlaid on a topo map so you can really tell the location of the race course.
    The guy working the gate when I went through wanted 10 to enter and then another 10 for the program...... whats up with that? I don't mind... but its not what you are saying.

The Backdoor was quite a place for turn overs...hopefully someone will post up. My camera did not take good pictures. Some of those poor co-pilots took a beating pulling out winch lines. Some, you would think would have had more practise on them.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

The $10.00 Donation was for admission. 10% went to Cal Assoc. of 4 wheel drive clubs to be dedicated to the legal defense fund to save JV only. The other 90% is to off-set the increased cost imposed by the BLM Regulations.

The programs were sold seperately. I'm not sure if Cal 4x4 received any of that money.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
        Some of those poor co-pilots took a beating pulling out winch lines. Some, you would think would have had more practise on them.
        That was my observation, you spend a fortune on a nice fast and capable rig, then you decide to winch, you have tome to figure out winch line length and make some kinda quick connect so you can do 2 pulls quickly and most of these teams fumbled it really badly.
        A 2 motor modified 8274 warn with an air actuated free spool and a co pilot that is spry would have sped that whole routine up tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          That was my observation, you spend a fortune on a nice fast and capable rig, then you decide to winch, you have tome to figure out winch line length and make some kinda quick connect so you can do 2 pulls quickly and most of these teams fumbled it really badly.
          A 2 motor modified 8274 warn with an air actuated free spool and a co pilot that is spry would have sped that whole routine up tremendously.
          agreed! sadly i had to laugh at some of those guys...

Comment

Carnage at Backdoor

This is highlights from the second lap at Backdoor. Good race and the crowd was really into it. Rope pullers got boo'ed. Balls to the walls guys got cheered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cm4WrrN5dw

Roger, I tried calling you on 2 meters around 2 but looks like you were already home.

Mike
            "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Great video, I was standing really close to the action right there.
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I have tons of pictures but there on Facebook...I only went to backdoor.. duno if this link will work

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=97cc03e976

Comment

Those YouTube videos are great. The Hammers have always been a challenge, but can you imagine how chewed up those trails are now?
                  I spend most of my money on four-wheeling, the rest I just waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
                    This is highlights from the second lap at Backdoor. Good race and the crowd was really into it. Rope pullers got boo'ed. Balls to the walls guys got cheered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cm4WrrN5dw

Roger, I tried calling you on 2 meters around 2 but looks like you were already home.

Mike
                    Great video Mike! Very clear footage. What are you using to shoot and edit that?
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      The $10.00 Donation was for admission. 10% went to Cal Assoc. of 4 wheel drive clubs to be dedicated to the legal defense fund to save JV only. The other 90% is to off-set the increased cost imposed by the BLM Regulations.

The programs were sold seperately. I'm not sure if Cal 4x4 received any of that money.
                      Cal 4 Wheel did not receive any money from the sale of the programs. We sold them at the gate to help out the promotors. If you didn't get one you really missed out. It's kind of a who's who in rock crawling, plus lots of vender information. I use mine all year long for reference and contact information.

As Roger said the admission and the program were separate purchases. Just like at any race, ya gotta buy a program if ya want one. So I guess that's what's up with that. :bonk:

Helen Baker

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                        Great video Mike! Very clear footage. What are you using to shoot and edit that?
                        Hi Nathan,
                        Thanks for the compliments.
                        I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3S. I am really happy with this camera. It was a huge surprise that the video on it performs so well. It is now the only camera that I use. It works for everything and fits into my pocket. The LCD even works fairly well in sunlight.

I use Adobe Premier Elements 8.0 to edit. I am less enthusiastic about it, but the alternatives are not any better, at least in the value priced editors.

Mike
                        "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Link to a few photo.s that I took

https://picasaweb.google.com/christa...NZTNTPr2Q78JQ#
                          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                          X