Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
    Not that it is the end of the world, or even illegal to consider, but that's Superbowl Sunday.... trails will be wide open.
    Ahh... yea the 6th is not a good one for sports reasons and also that weekend is 50% off the yards. I might be up for a saturday run maybe if there is enough of the vets going.

Comment

I ran Rattlesnake 2 days ago in my stock TJ. No problems. I've never been on the new Dixie Mine rd though.

We goin?

Comment

I'm wrenching Sunday w/ NeilByrd, so I can't make it. But, where is Dixie Mine Rd? I've always hit Rattlesnake coming outta BB...

Comment

InlandZJ,

Still need a guide on Saturday or are you covered? Let me know. Can do it either direction if needed.

New Dixie Mine Road comes in west from Hwy 247 in Landers/Yucca Valley. A beautiful drive till the switch backs climbing up and over to Rattlesnake Canyon. No interest in that part at this time. It joins Rattlesnake at the top or Southern edge near Mound Springs.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            InlandZJ,

Still need a guide on Saturday or are you covered? Let me know. Can do it either direction if needed.

New Dixie Mine Road comes in west from Hwy 247 in Landers/Yucca Valley. A beautiful drive [COLOR="Red"]WITH REAL NICE[/COLOR] switch backs climbing up and over to Rattlesnake Canyon. [COLOR="Red"]WILL HAPPILLY LEAD YOU UP THIS[/COLOR] part at [COLOR="red"]ANY[/COLOR] time. It joins Rattlesnake at the top or Southern edge near Mound Springs.

Mitch
            There. I fixed it for you Mitch!
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Thanks Brian for taking care of me! I guess the switchback isn't that bad, it's just the tight, off-camber, back up to the drop off without a berm behind you thing.

Last edited by Mitch; 02-02-11, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I'm concerned about the switchback after the rain this winter. It might not even be there.

I won't be able to make this run. I've signed up with SB County Community Emergency Resopnse Team (CERT)and the training starts this Saturday.

If Mitch Leads the run, you guys will have a blast.

Brian (ECVJeep), you are always there to help out, Thanks for having our back.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

hi from scott it would be great if you could guide us up rattlesnake on saturday

Comment

Roger,

Curtis was just on the switchbacks on New Dixie Mine road and he said that there was not any new damage, still hairy though.

Scott,

Send me a PM and let me know what you have planned and I will give my contact number.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch sounds great. So whats the head count on who is going? What time and were do you guys want to meet?

Comment

Check the new run post.

Comment

Working...
                        X