Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
    Just thought I,d throw this out there, I just got the new JP magazine in the mail today and in the section "What to do with your "JEEP" this month it talks about Sat. the 8th at (Hungry Valley) in Gorman having a 4x4 event ..Just hope we aren,t somehow mistaken about a location..but I,m going to see ya,ll at Rowher I,ll be there at 8.00am with a coffee and a JEEP!!
    That would make more sense to me . . . I saw them doing some work on a trails bike course by staging area one, but haven't seen anything resembling a 4x4 course out there yet, although I have heard rumors that they are going to do one similar to Gorman up there. Not sure if I'll be out there or not at this point.

Hey SAR - You planning to ride Rowher on Sat?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
      J..Just hope we aren,t somehow mistaken about a location..but I,m going to see ya,ll at Rowher I,ll be there at 8.00am with a coffee and a JEEP!!
      No mistake on the location. A friend of mine went out there on New Years eve, day and saw the rock pile that will be the obsticle.

8am, you'll be early, but you'll get a good spot.

See ya saturday.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Tumbleweed13-(Joe)

I don,t wanna get the crazy early doesn,t it start a 9am.? I heard that time from someone.. if so you,d think some vendors would be settin up, either way like ya said never to early for a good spot!!
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
          No mistake on the location. A friend of mine went out there on New Years eve, day and saw the rock pile that will be the obsticle.

8am, you'll be early, but you'll get a good spot.

See ya saturday.
          Do you have a link or something for this event? Seems like if this is going to be a big event with vendors in attendance, etc, there would be some advertising. Also seems odd that there would be a big 4x4 event the same day as another 4x4 event just a hop, skip, and a jump away up in Gorman. I was out at Rowher on New Years too and several times over the last couple of months and the only work I'd noticed was on the trails bike course by staging area one . . . one of the days we were there we actually saw the rangers moving rocks around with a tractor, while the trails bike guys directed them and practiced. Haven't seen anything that looks like a 4x4 course though. I'm not saying this isn't legit, but I'm still scratching my head.

Comment

i found this thread with pics:
            http://acorausa.com/forum/index.php?topic=2831.0

Last edited by rr_cj6; 01-05-11, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              Hey SAR - You planning to ride Rowher on Sat?

Yeah. Maybe some easy trails too. I gotta work that afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by rr_cj6 View Post
                i found this thread with pics:
                http://acorausa.com/forum/index.php?topic=2831.0

Interesting . . . that's right in the same area where they were working on the trails bike course a few weeks ago when we were out there doing some trail maintainence on Silver King. Looks like I'll have to go check it out. Pretty good chance I'll be heading out there on the dirtbike. I'll probably be in the SchMotoVan so look for a white Ford E350 and a KTM 450with Red Bull graphics.

Hey Steve . . . hit me up and we'll meet up and run some fun stuff on the bikes. I might be meeting up with some others out there . . . one of the guys I've riden with a few times just bought a Kawi that he wants to test out.

Comment

Sounds like a good turnout for this. I need to get out there one day. So many fun runs going on. This seems to be a productive pro-OHV thing.

Reminds me of the trail destruction/blockage in the SBNF, but with fun and access in mind.

Comment

Hey everyone, new poster here. Got turned on to this site by a link to this thread on another board. I plan on bringing my CJ7 out to rowher flats on Saturday for the event. Does anyone know the actual start time? Also, is this going to be an all day event?

Comment

Originally posted by reloadyour9 View Post
                      Does anyone know the actual start time? Also, is this going to be an all day event?
                      Welcome to the site, you'll enjoy it here.

All the info you asked about is in the 1st post of this thread.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Wow- I read that post twice and overlooked the time! Embarassing! Anyhow, thanks for pointing it out and the welcome!

Comment

Stopped by and ran into Dogman . . . didn't see anyone else I recognized. The obstacle looked nasty . . . not trying it with my little Jeep . . . maybe if I had 40s on a beater!

Comment

We had a great time today. Right now the coarse is pretty hard. Large boulders with big gaps in between. We moved some of the boulders around today. A Toyota Truggy made it thru the rock pile from end to end and got a 100 bucks for being the first one to make it. Several rigs made it thru the rocks from side to side. They are going to be bringing in some more smaller rocks. We left there around 3:45PM.

I will have some pictures up tomorrow.

Jeff & Robin (RallyeX)

Comment

here's some pics...enjoy

Comment

collect

Did anyone finish the RG and collect the 100 bucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X