Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: JV Extreme Mine Tour #2

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]On the last run we explored a couple of the Fry Mt mines. There are still a couple that have some nice tunnels that go in several hundred feet that can be entered.

I was thinking of starting again at Anderson Dry lake then heading over to the Elsie mine via a new canyon - got to get the vehicles in 4 wheel drive - then from there up a moderate sand wash to the Quatros Amigos mine, which has a nice tunnel and several artifacts on site.

From there we'll cross over the ridge and down a sand hill to another two mines. At the entrance of another new 4X canyon we'll check out an old rock cabin before heading up the canyon to the mines.

From there we'll head across upper Green Rock Rd, which is a 4x road over to the Green Rock quarry site.

There will be plenty of good 4 wheelin and the new canyons will most likely engage those lockers.

This run will be family friendly and I'm sure kids will have fun.

Minimum Vehicle requirements:
    33" tires and lockers.
    Bring a lunch and other things for a day in the desert.

We'll meet at Camp Rock Rd & Hwy 247
    Sat Jan 8th 9:00 a.m.
    CB Channel 25[/COLOR]

Sounds like another great time. I'm in.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Wow another Mike K "35 canyon", on 33's Sounds fun!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        Wow another Mike K "35 canyon", on 33's Sounds fun!
        [COLOR="Blue"]Some of the guys with 33's have been showing me up.[/COLOR]

Comment

Sounds like a fun day. Put me down as a maybe Mike.
          Check out .

Comment

I think I would like to make this run.

Comment

I am going to try to make it as well.

Comment

Too small

Would love to run this, but my rig is an underachiever for the requirements! Hopefully, I qualify for the next mine outing! Please take lots of pics!

Comment

i enjoyed the lastone,hope i can make it out again

Comment

Hi Mike,

I got the skid plate rash buffed out from your last trip so I am ready to go again!

Count me in.

Mike
                    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

I'll join ya as long as nothin comes up for that Sat.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Sounds good, looking forward to some good 4 wheelin. I haven't run the 2 canyons yet but they will be fun. One is about 1/4 mile long and the other one is fairly short but has some good obstacles.

Be sure to bring a flashlight for the mines.[/COLOR]

Comment

Not going to able to make this run Mike. It's my grand daughters Sixteenth birthday on saturday. that'll sure lets you know how old you are getting.LOL
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

mine run

mike .mind if me and taylee take cutis,s spot for sat .see ya there .sounds like fun.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Curtis, family things are important. Catch you on the next run. Maybe when Mottino dries up.

There should be plenty of room for anyone else, X and Taylee.

The canyons should be fun and something for the street/trail type vehicles to re-run.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X