Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race day has always been on a friday. Its on Feb 11th

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...php?p=12066876
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRed View Post
      Saturday the 12th is race day.
      Thought it was Friday....

Weird if it was on Sat..

Anyway, IM IN! See most of you guys out there!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRed View Post
        Saturday the 12th is race day.
        Oops, Stacie. The race is on Friday.
        Rich

Comment

Yeah, I am planning on being there, Thurs through sat. Look for me... I am the guy in the tent. with the White Jeep parked outside. "My Jeep Rocks.Com on the windshield. Invite me along somewhere... I definitely will climb up one of the canyons to watch the carnage.
          BobO
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
            Oops, Stacie. The race is on Friday.
            hahaha! Yeah, I know, story of my life lately, a day late and a dollar short!!

Hey! Is anyone interested in the KOH Team Challenge? It's a lot of fun and just one of the first place prizes is a $500 gift cert. from our friends over at GenRight.
            Stacie Albright
            Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
              I watched a few you tube videos of the race and was still wondering , does anyone know how easily you can view the rock crawling sections from where you are required to park ? I have a Jeep and been to Cougar Buttes Rock Crawling many times but this is much bigger. Do to health/heart problems I cant climb hills or walk very far, I'd love to go watch but concerned it might be more than I can do to view some good spots.
              You might try the entrance to Chocolate Thunder. We were there last year and there is some flat area at the entrance above the wash to park and spectate. There is a lot of action there as this is the first fall into the canyon and they tend to stack up here.

Mike
              "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Thanks Mike for your information. Is there a map you know of showing the race area or how to get to that area ?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                  Thanks Mike for your information. Is there a map you know of showing the race area or how to get to that area ?
                  There will be a map available to purchase at the race.
                  Rich

Comment

Here is a link to the web site with quite a bit of info. Search around and I am sure most of your questions will be found:

http://ultra4racing.com/

In particular, look at the spectator section and note that if you are not a registered team member you will not get into the pits.
                    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                      There will be a map available to purchase at the race.
                      Got my In Gear yesterday and in it says that CA4WDC will be giving out site maps as you come in and pay your $10 entrance donation.
                      Rich

Comment

That link wasn't working, but I'll keep trying and thanks for the extra info !

Comment

I will be there and have my wrist band ready to rock for the night time events!

Comment

Do we know if these wrist bands will last 4-5 days of drinking, showering, heavy clothes, falling down, climbing hills on foot and hand, occasional splash-over of Jack or Sky, some OJ, and maybe some rough night activities, and god only knows what else after some night drinking...

:-)
                            *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
                              Do we know if these wrist bands will last 4-5 days of drinking, showering, heavy clothes, falling down, climbing hills on foot and hand, occasional splash-over of Jack or Sky, some OJ, and maybe some rough night activities, and god only knows what else after some night drinking...

:-)
                              On Pirate a lot of folk said they would wear them on a necklace so it will last and not impair their ability to partake of any of the said items in your post.
                              Rich

Comment

I read that, but are they studded? I mean why wear a necklace if not?
                                *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Working...
                                X