Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to make this for sure as it may be one of my last weekends, if not THE last in the area. I'll know more on that in the coming week but I'm for sure in on this. Taylor and I had talked briefly about maybe running Bullfrog the day after the races. Anyone interested?
    USMC F&AM

Comment

I'd like to try and head up Thurs to watch race on Fri. If so, then I'd stay and run the frog wit ya!

Comment

I am going to be out there Thursday and Friday working the race. Unfortunately I have to be on Duty that weekend for the Reserves so can't run Bullfrog.

Comment

Well thanks for doing the Reserve thing. I'd thought about it but they wouldn't have me for medical reasons. Joe - It looks like this will be my final weekend of having a Jeep in SoCal, so it should be a good one!
          USMC F&AM

Comment

So...are congrats in order?? I take your posting to mean you found work in another locale. Anywhere near our home state? I will DEFINITELY pen this date in, then!

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm mostly a lurker on this forum, but saw some of you had questions about dates and whatnot for King of the Hammers, so thought I'd share this video for those that haven't been. It's just a quick 5 minute video put together by my team on what KOH is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Q0VEy1yvI

Also,the king of the hammers web site is damaged, but HammerKing has put up a new web site ultra4racing.com which is where all relevant information on the race will be listed.
              Last edited by shanlw99; 01-12-11, 01:26 PM.
              Just a Jeep Girl living in a Jeep World

Comment

Thanks for posting up the video! Joe -- To answer your question, I did indeed have some successful interviews and am either headed to Intel or a solar panel company near the Rubicon trail Hmmm..... Which do I choose???

So.... I totally forgot about a trip we (the misses and I) had planned for Valentines Day to NYC... BOOO! We're discussing not going due to the move and such, but still up in the air. Just an FYI for the Bull Frog run. IF I'm here, I'll be there.
                Last edited by TipsE-Z; 01-12-11, 02:37 PM. Reason: Forgot VDay, Glad The Misses Isn't On Here
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Shannon,
                  Thanks for posting video. I'll be out there most likely working with Harry & Helen Baker at their booth. It should be a good time.
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    I'll be out there most likely working with Harry & Helen Baker at their booth. It should be a good time.
                    Roger, at least I know I can find you their instead of controlling traffic after the race like last year...LOL...
                    Are you going to be running a simplex frequency ?
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      Shannon,
                      Thanks for posting video. I'll be out there most likely working with Harry & Helen Baker at their booth. It should be a good time.
                      Cal4Wheel definitely needs people's help. Glad to hear you're helping out, Roger . From what I hear BLM is going be out in force this year so the more educated everyone is the better off for the future of the race and Johnson Valley!
                      Just a Jeep Girl living in a Jeep World

Comment

Originally posted by shanlw99 View Post
                        Hey guys,

I'm mostly a lurker on this forum, but saw some of you had questions about dates and whatnot for King of the Hammers, so thought I'd share this video for those that haven't been. It's just a quick 5 minute video put together by my team on what KOH is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Q0VEy1yvI

Also,the king of the hammers web site is damaged, but HammerKing has put up a new web site ultra4racing.com which is where all relevant information on the race will be listed.
                        Well looky who's come to play. Howdy Shannon. Thanks for the video. Saw a bunch of buggies headed to the Hammers this morning to practice. Didn't go up Dead Mans Climb. Sorry. I'll do it next time!
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                          Roger, at least I know I can find you their instead of controlling traffic after the race like last year...LOL...
                          Are you going to be running a simplex frequency ?
                          Matt - for simplex I'll try to monitor 146.550 MHz (MJR-1)
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

I watched a few you tube videos of the race and was still wondering , does anyone know how easily you can view the rock crawling sections from where you are required to park ? I have a Jeep and been to Cougar Buttes Rock Crawling many times but this is much bigger. Do to health/heart problems I cant climb hills or walk very far, I'd love to go watch but concerned it might be more than I can do to view some good spots.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                              I watched a few you tube videos of the race and was still wondering , does anyone know how easily you can view the rock crawling sections from where you are required to park ? I have a Jeep and been to Cougar Buttes Rock Crawling many times but this is much bigger. Do to health/heart problems I cant climb hills or walk very far, I'd love to go watch but concerned it might be more than I can do to view some good spots.
                              Most of the rock crawling portion of the race is not visible from a vehicle you would have to walk in to the canyon. There may be a spot or two where you can see but not up close. It would probably still be worth the trip as you can watch the start,some of the open desert stuff and check the pit area stuff.
                              How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
                                Maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I can't find the actual race date for the KOTH. Is it on Friday Feb 11th?
                                Saturday the 12th is race day.
                                Stacie Albright
                                Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Comment

Working...
                                X