Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey it good wheelin' with you guys again!!! Great to finally meet the Ol Man in person!

After I loaded the Samster and left, I saw some peeps I knew up the road in the Rebel Offroad camp-- unhooked the trailer and did some JK wheelin! I saw Steve and Andrew headed out-
    We went over and did a nite run on Chocolate Thunder. I would never have believed you could get 3 4 dr JKs through that trail with no carnage--- but it was done!!! And one of them was driven by a girl. I actually didnt go up, because my PS pulley came off rt at the bottom. But it was fun to watch.

Cant wait till next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
      Hope you got the Too Fast Too Furious model !!!

Now that's funny... That little Honda sounded ANGRY
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Erik,

I really just need to get a heavy duty steel wheel. I didnt realize that the domes are as soft as they are. I saw a Rubicon with beadlocks and those same dome protectors. Every one was ground off to the bolt head. Looked fine, but that doesn't cut it. The Toyota tried several lines was did not make it up. And rig is not set up for that stuff. Fissure Mountain no problem, Hammer stuff no way

Mitch

Comment

Fitd...

Carmen and I had a great time! Along with a few friends, Trent, Rick, and Mark, we decided to run SLEDGEHAMMER! Every description we have ever been given was understated... and I am pround to report that my good ol' red "MyBrokenJeep" CJ-7 made it with minor difficulties and only a few new scratch trophies...

We were progressing through the trail at a pretty reasonable pace, but decided to let a small group of the guys RuggedRocks.com in their Nissan's pass up... We think that we our first mistake! Those guys were heavy on the skinny peddle to say the least! One of the guys entered the trail with a bright, shiny, nice looking 4 door Nissan (I think it was the Frontier)... what departed the trail was a mangled, battered, dented, leaking, demolition derby participant...

Once we were able to get back to our lines, we started to make good progress... We got our first vehicle up the second the last waterfall... making some good progress... when "BAM"... we all knew that wasn't a good thing. Rick had popped the right front axle shaft. Trying to still make as much progress as possible, we proceeded forward a bit more when another "BAM"... this time it was the rear drive shaft... Well, at this point we decided it time to back down and return to the bottom... We couldn't proceed upwards because of the damage to the trail done by the Nissan amigos... and with 1 wheel drive... So, with 2 winches and a number of tow straps, we started to back Rick down the falls... then another loud noise... Bent the steering tie rod... so now to summarize... Rick had no axle in the front right, no rear drive shaft, and now has no steering... The steering was the easist of the fixes... We pounded the tie rod as straight as possible and used my Hi-Lift jack handle to sleeve it and secure it. Steering somewhat fixed... Back from a camp run, someone brought the parts needed to fix the drive shaft... so then we turned Rick around, kept the tow straps in place and the winch connected, and drug him down the hill...

We all agreed that yesterday, we earned our "Rock Rolling" merit badges!

Boy oh boy were we tired when we finally got back to camp!

Here are some of the pictures we took... We are going to edit a quick video or two and post them on You Tube...

We had a great time one a legendary trail and survived with stories to tell!

Night all!
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

hundy , did you guys go threw the gate keeper of CT or take the sand bypass either way thats awesome

Comment

man randy glad you guys made it back in one piece sure hope carmen and the dogs let you go again !!

Comment

Great weather and close to full moon light to help us find our way back to camp by.

Hundy, lets do it again real soon.

Sledgehammer Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAcb1eqCtPE

Comment

Randy if the Not so broken Jeep survived even part of Sledge you are going in the right direction with it, now watch it. You might get hooked and nothing will ever be the same lol. I have been holed up in the garage ever since to say the least lol. This stuff is addicting but does take some work to get a vehicle hammer tough

Comment

Originally posted by bullysteve View Post
                    hundy , did you guys go threw the gate keeper of CT or take the sand bypass either way thats awesome
                    No by-passes! I was surprised.

Comment

That video really shows what the Sledge is all about. Some of those boulders are bigger than the Jeeps.

uh uh....not for my Jeep....no way. I'll stick to the couger buttes area where we can play nice.

Awesome driving in the videos. Really nice.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for the report.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks Shant. We'll be going again in a couple of weeks and it looks like I'll have an open seat. You're welcome to grab your Everio and come along.

Comment

Steve, take a look at 50 seconds in. You need to get the triangulation work out. There isn't a heim joint made that will take side loads like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1iivnJWaM

Comment

andrew thanks thats where it snapped !!

Comment

So Steve did you take your put put to Freddy fab yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X