Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Hammers/FITD teaser

I grabbed Dennison last minute this morning and drove out to Johnson Valley to say hi to some friends at the FITD Hammers party. Another perfect weather day in the desert. Ended up at 95 degrees and not a cloud in the blue sky. A slight breeze kept it pleasant. We got out there at 12:00 noon and saw over a hundred campers and trails parked in clusters. We did not see a Jeep or Crawler in sight. So I headed right to the Hammer Trails to find the action. We got to the trail head and there was no one in sight. We drove some of the rocky canyons north, south, and east of the Hammers for 2 hours and didn't see one person or rig. After 2:00pm we he headed to a canyon just north west of the camp area. I saw Matt in his Rebel TJ and said hi. We continued on and watched a couple guys from IE4W play on a 6 foot waterfall. That was entertaining. As we left I saw Steve's new buggy thing but still no one that I recognized. So we cruized home after a fun 3 hours of play time. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Can't wait to see the "Real" pictures.

Mitch

Trying something different on my wheels till I can afford real heavy duty stuff.

A nice oldie

This guy kept trying to follow us

Happy lizard

Last edited by Mitch; 09-26-10, 07:49 AM.

The temp was good for you guys. It was 103 in yucaipa to day. Mitch good idea on the wheels, I like it.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Love it when the desert is cooler than the down the hill cities. Hopefully I wont tear off the fake bolts like before.

Comment

So Mitch the mad man did ya run Sledge and Jack?
        The wheels look good this way

Comment

Art,

As Dirty Harry said, "A man needs to know his limitations". I would have made a short go at an easier one, but Dennison reminded my that we were by ourselves and it was 95 degrees in the desert. I'm not up to that level yet.

Mitch

Comment

back from the desert, little hot , little carnage all was fun didnt get to run many trails but found the weak spots with the new bogger and realize arizona trails must not be as hard as the california hammers LOL , i'm sure andrew will post some pics and video when he gets a chance .....sorry we missed you mitch maybe next time

Comment

Nice idea on the wheels, but now you have less bolts with bigger heads. Those will shear right off of there even faster than the last batch.

Did you run any trails out there?
              Did the red Toyota make it up Back Door?

It looks like you had some fun. JV is a great place to play as it offers a little something for everyone.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

It was warm in the sun, but realy nice in the A/C camper. Not very many people out there, kind of sad to see. Really good raffle, BFG gave a set of any tires under 42" including Red Label 39"s. Some lucky guy won that.It was a fun weekend even if Steve almost got left out in Outerlimits all alone !!!!
                moon buggy
                5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

what a crazy bunch they wanted me to use some duct tape and keep wheeling ....

Comment

Ha Steve you have done worse with booger, so what stopped ya this time?:devil:

Comment

It was a great weekend out there. When we adjourned for afternoon socializing the temp was about 85F Fri and Sat afternoon with a gentle breeze. Really pretty nice.

Stu forgot to mention he had to get off his comfy chair (his wife's) to pick up raffle items about five times.......nice haul.

Stu, sorry you left this morning. We ran Claw, Boulderdash, Upper Big Johnson and Big Johnson.

In our camp we "ONLY" had two baddies to my knowledge, Steve's impaling and Tony Pellegrino's buggy tranny issue (as yet unknown reason).
                      Rich

Comment

Attendance - Low
                        Trails - Completely Empty
                        Temperature in the shade - Nice
                        Temperature in the sunshine - Hot!
                        Evenings - Perfect

It was Barney 3's first trip to the Hammers and there's a little fine tuning left to do. Shari and I haven't been out in several months and it was great seeing everyone again. All in all, a good trip.

Sledgehammer Part One.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q416LGAVx0

Leave the Deet at home, the malaria epidemic on Sledgehammer is now over.

Comment

Thats is a nice video, but i keep hearing an airplane in the background ! Was that near an airport ?????
                          moon buggy

Comment

keep it up jackass !! i ordered myself a muffler already ....

Comment

Originally posted by bullysteve View Post
                              keep it up jackass !! i ordered myself a muffler already ....
                              Hope you got the Too Fast Too Furious model !!!
                              moon buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X