Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great pics , whats the deal with all the fuel cans?? seems kind of over kill. the cherokee has 15 gallons of fuel 105 pounds &two 8 gallon water cans 112 pounds on the roof ( seems very top heavy ) for the trail. Next question did you guys use all that fuel to make it out of the trail.

Comment

yes sir we used it.five rigs for six days and eleven people.our jeeps were loaded heavy.trail is 32 miles long and once your in the middle you still got a long way to go.

Comment

When we ran it I had a 1/4 tank to spare at the end of the trail, was plenty to get back to Shaver lake

Comment

Gas

On the first day the Cruiser used 12 gal hauling Carlos up Thompson Hill.(That was from Shaver Lake city to Thompson) Thought that was a lot of gas, but I had my foot in it. The ol girl got some years on the motor, like over 10 yrs doing this stuff, and she was drinking gas again. My excuse (I was getting tired) before my brain cells kicked in and I realized that I had a vacume leak. one of the rubber plugs you put over a vacume port had split and thus therefore vacume leak. fixed that and the ol girl ran and consume a lot less.
          The fuel injected jeeps got mostly thru the trail before the boys had to add any. Having never ran the trail, except Scotty, and that was about 10 yrs ago we brought plenty to be sure.
          Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 08-17-10, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Photobucket pictures

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l420/missetti/

Comment

How much fuel did the TJ or Cherokee use? That looks like a fun trail. I'm getting my stuff together for the 31'st.
              Great fish too!
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                How much fuel did the TJ or Cherokee use? That looks like a fun trail. I'm getting my stuff together for the 31'st.
                Great fish too!
                We started at courtwright Resevoir. Topped off at shave lake, cruised into courtwright and I think Carlos Jeep started to sputter around Mallard Meadows. Approx 5-6 more miles till you come out at Kaizer Pass. An extra 5gal but I would play it safe and have 10 gal on me.
                East Lake check out the left side of the lake as you are walking down to it. a good size log, water looks shallow, but the ones that we were catching weren't 20-30 feet out.
                Power bait, life size small lures that look like a fish, worms, I used power bait fake worms. Try to be natural. These critters feed on themselves and bugs. Bring lots and lots of Off repelant. Got to go to work, Kevin.
                Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 08-17-10, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I'll be bringing my fly rod to see if I can get one of those lunkers
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

i'm going to bring a T-shirt cannon and a gill net and haul'em in by the ton! I would think twenty gallons would be plenty of gas for 30 miles of trail in a TJ 4 litre???

Comment

Courtright Reservoir looks full. When I was there last year over the Labor Day weekend, I had to walk (stumble) across about 200 feet of shoreline to get to the water.

[sized]http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l420/missetti/IMG_4280.jpg[/sized]
                      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                      KI6MLU

Comment

Great report and Pics. We're headed up there mid-October with the crew. Getting ready for the below freezing temps at night. So excited I can't sleep.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

I just got back on Saturday night LATE... We spent a week on the trail! It was amazing! I had a blast with the little CJ7. I have a 20 gal. fuel tank, and I brought two 5 gal. tanks. Came out of the trail right at a 1/4 tank with all 10 gal. in the gas tank. 30 gal. for me was perfect. (with a carb)

Comment

did you get any fishing in?

Comment

Looks like we get to hit this trail this next summer, great post and pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X