Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what i was thinking art .....should be a fun winter !!

Comment

I'm going to try to make this. It's been waaaaaay too long since the Jeep's seen dirt. I'll know for sure closer to the date.
      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Originally posted by bullysteve View Post
        thats what i was thinking art .....should be a fun winter !!
        Steve, when does your winter fun start??

Comment

soon i hope mike , going crazy without a jeep ......maybe have something done to trailer to KOH next year .

Comment

Since you have lots of free time take some welding of fabrication classes Steve

Comment

i learnt everything i need from freddy already LOL .....

Comment

Steve you mean grab the phone call Freddy, scream help really loud and then have him fix it?

Comment

it keeps him busy , who knows what trouble he would get into without me slowing him down ....

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I was able to get out this sat afternoon for a bit and ran up dishpan springs over to JB and some mine sites in the area. Dispan has been softened up a little. Looks like there has been a 31" line put in, so anyone with a lesser built rigg can run a really good trail now.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                      [COLOR="Blue"]Dispan has been softened up a little. Looks like there has been a 31" line put in, so anyone with a lesser built rigg can run a really good trail now.[/COLOR]
                      Hey, that's me. Do you think that's 31's and open or 31's and locked? I'm open.

I really want to get out and hit some more trails, and largely I just need to know what trails would be good to go run and which ones would be good to stay away from for the time being.

Oh, and sorry to hijack the Cougar Buttes thread. That sounds like fun, but too much for my rig and my sister is visiting from Oregon, so out of the question.

-R

Comment

Originally posted by Reedster View Post
                        Hey, that's me. Do you think that's 31's and open or 31's and locked? I'm open.

I really want to get out and hit some more trails, and largely I just need to know what trails would be good to go run and which ones would be good to stay away from for the time being.

Oh, and sorry to hijack the Cougar Buttes thread. That sounds like fun, but too much for my rig and my sister is visiting from Oregon, so out of the question.

-R
                        [COLOR="Blue"]I used to take my Cherokee through there with 31's open diff's and a 3" lift with no problems. For the first time though you might want to go west bound towards Deep Creek. The waterfall area at Dishpan springs is where some work has been done to allow for easier passage.

Keep in mind this is a Most Difficult rated trail, so there is still plenty of challenge and good driving skills are still needed. [/COLOR]

Here's a few shots of the waterfall area.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 08-03-10, 02:45 PM.

Comment

All the rigs look like they have mud tires. Would this be a requirement for this trail? Map wise were would the best place to enter from/hwy?

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
                            All the rigs look like they have mud tires. Would this be a requirement for this trail? Map wise were would the best place to enter from/hwy?
                            [COLOR="Blue"]The route is 3N34 and can be driven from Cedar Glen (Hook Creek Rd) near Lake Arrowhead, or 3N16 from Green Valley Lake near Running Springs. Eastbound from L. Arrowhead is the most difficult direction.

Again the Forest Service rates this trail as Most Difficult. Depending on your driveing ability and intestinal fortitude, vehicle requirements can vary. Some spotting may be required on a couple of the obstacals. It's a fun trail though. I would suggest if you run this trail for the first time, run it with someone who has done the trail before. I would suggest going with Art on friday, but Art's not normal.

Notice the Grand Cherokee at the bottom of the hill.[/COLOR]
                            Last edited by mkjeepers; 08-03-10, 08:38 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I would suggest going with Art on friday, but Art's not normal.[/COLOR]
                              You gotta admit Art, that was funny lol

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]The route is 3N34 and can be driven from Cedar Glen (Hook Creek Rd) near Lake Arrowhead, or 3N16 from Green Valley Lake near Running Springs. Eastbound from L. Arrowhead is the most difficult direction.

Again the Forest Service rates this trail as Most Difficult. Depending on your driveing ability and intestinal fortitude, vehicle requirements can vary. Some spotting may be required on a couple of the obstacals. It's a fun trail though. I would suggest if you run this trail for the first time, run it with someone who has done the trail before. I would suggest going with Art on friday, but Art's not normal.

Notice the Grand Cherokee at the bottom of the hill.[/COLOR]
                                Is art going to run this on friday the 6th. Is the Grand at the bottom of the hill anyones on this site? Thanks for the info mkjeepers. I'll hook up with you guys sooner or later. Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X