Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cougar Buttes night run

[COLOR="Blue"]Cougar Buttes night run.

I was thinking of running the new "On the Rocks" trail and from there working our way back towards the Bullfrog trailhead.

We'll run parts of Bullfrog & Cakewalk as we head over to the "V" knotch at the Cakewalk trailhead.

The trails are rated "Most Difficult".

Meet @ Camp Rock & 247 @ 6:30 P.M. and leave by 7:00
    Sat Aug 21th.
    Bring a lunch.
    CB Channel 25

Vehicle requirements: Minimum...33's & lockers.

Just a reminder...the Rattlers usually come out in the evening...so just be aware.[/COLOR]

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
    [COLOR=blue]Cougar Buttes night run.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]I was thinking of running the new "On the Rocks" trail and from there working our way back towards the Bullfrog trailhead. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]We'll run parts of Bullfrog & Cakewalk as we head over to the "V" knotch at the Cakewalk trailhead.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]The trails are rated "Most Difficult". [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Meet @ Camp Rock & 247 @ 6:30 P.M. and leave by 7:00[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=blue]Sat Aug 21th.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=blue]Bring a lunch.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=blue]CB Channel 25[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Vehicle requirements: Minimum...33's & lockers.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Just a reminder...the Rattlers usually come out in the evening...so just be aware.[/COLOR]
    I'm leaving for the Sierras in three days, but I'm already excited about getting back for this run. I LIKE RATTLERS! See ya'll there.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]have fun, we just got back a week ago from Tioga, Yosemite & Rock Creek...absolutly beautiful up there.[/COLOR]

Rock Creek Lake To Morgan Pass

Last edited by mkjeepers; 07-27-10, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Wow,

100 Jeeps at Cougar Buttes at the same time!!!! Will be epic for sure. Might not be as much color as your other trip. Nice pictures.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]You going to make it Mitch?

Something that might be of interest to you is the hiking trail from Rock Creek lake was once an old mining trail that accessed the tugston mine at Morgan pass. There is still the old mill/prosessing plant on the other side of Morgan pass. The road used to go through at one time. There is an old mining trailer or truck frame at the base if the pass at 10,500 ft.[/COLOR]

Last edited by mkjeepers; 07-27-10, 09:43 PM.

Comment

6:30PM??? I say Damn!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I don't want to go too late, most have a 2 hour drive home after the run. Besides evening in the desert is good too. It gives a little time to check out the Rattlers.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Mike. Is that date set in stone? I'll be in Colorado that weekend. Can you do it the 28th or later Just wondering. If not, have a great time. Wish I could make it.

Are those photo's from Rock Creek up from Tom Place before you get to Mammoth Lakes? I used to hike around that area years ago. Chicken Foot lake, Upper and Lower Morgans. Awesome place and great photo's.
                Ron G

Comment

Right on Mike, you the man see ya there

Comment

Mike,

That trail to the old Tungstun Mine sounds like fun. Such a beautiful area.

Crazy 8? Heck no! Crazy 8 at night? Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing rattlers? Now that sounds like fun

Comment

[QUOTE=mkjeepers;171912][COLOR="Blue"]have fun, we just got back a week ago from Tioga, Yosemite & Rock Creek...absolutly beautiful up there.[/COLOR]
                      QUOTE]

I don't think there's a more beautiful stretch of road anywhere than Tioga Pass.

Comment

Cool deal. I'm in. Anyone else interested in staying the night in the desert?
                        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                          Mike,

That trail to the old Tungstun Mine sounds like fun. Such a beautiful area.

Crazy 8? Heck no! Crazy 8 at night? Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing rattlers? Now that sounds like fun
                          [COLOR="Blue"]I wasn't planning on the C8 and I'm sure the rattlers will give us a welcoming ceremony.

Could you imagine driving through the Rock Creek area in a Jeep??? Be nice if the road was still open.

Ron, that is the area. It's a nice 4 1/2 mile hike to the Morgan pass summit. I'll be back for another visit.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                            Cool deal. I'm in. Anyone else interested in staying the night in the desert?
                            I will be staying the night in the desert, its a 3hr drive for me now, so ya me/kids will be popping a tent after the run.

Should be good times, crazy 8 at night, I should probly go get some cheap lights to run as rock lights.

Been too long since we were on the trails.
                            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]A couple of shots from the Sierra's[/COLOR]

Tenaya lake in Tioga pass

Saddlebag lake Tioga pass

Rock Creek lake

Comment

Working...
                              X