Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GenRight Customer Appreciation Event Aug 7th!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller Jeep Sunday?

Originally posted by SoCalDevyn View Post
    Saturday ill b at the shop puttin the the pile of new parts on my jeep but for those that will b camping up there i may make a run up on sunday for some trails
    Are you still considering Miller for Sunday? A friend wants me to take him wheeling so I'm looking for somebody that knows the trail better than me for Sunday am.
    Sandy Reshes
    95 ZJ Laredo
    05 Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy R View Post
      Are you still considering Miller for Sunday? A friend wants me to take him wheeling so I'm looking for somebody that knows the trail better than me for Sunday am.
      i didnt kno about a sunday miller run. but i would b willing to go for it. ill chat with the yj thats rolling up with me and maybe he'll b up for it too. i wanted to head up there about 9 but we'll c how things go

Comment

So you're definite for Sunday am? Where will you be at 9am? Trailhead, Flying J or leaving home? I'm looking to nail down a definite meeting place and time.

EDIT:
        OK, I'm leaving for the day so lets get this nailed down now in the event anybody wants to run with us. Lets be ready to leave Flying J for the trail at 8:30am so you can decide what time you need to be there to gas up, buy groceries, ice, waters, whatever or nothing.

I-5 to Frazier Mountain Park Road exit. Flying J is just west of I-5 (big visible sign).

I'll be in my '95 white Grand Cherokee and my buddy in his Wrangler. My cell (if we get service) is 323-855-3507.
        Last edited by Sandy R; 08-07-10, 11:23 AM.
        Sandy Reshes
        95 ZJ Laredo
        05 Rubicon

Comment

Sandy/Devyn,

I haven't run Miller yet this year. I'll plan to join you at the Flying J @ 830.

Russ
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

I'll be up there to run it as well, will be in the black yj.
            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
              Sandy/Devyn,

I haven't run Miller yet this year. I'll plan to join you at the Flying J @ 830.

Russ
              Russ, it will be great to see you. It's been a few years.
              Sandy Reshes
              95 ZJ Laredo
              05 Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
                I'll be up there to run it as well, will be in the black yj.
                Look forward to meeting you.
                Sandy Reshes
                95 ZJ Laredo
                05 Rubicon

Comment

also have a friend coming in a LJ Rubi, sahara kaki color.

Comment

i didnt kno there was a for sure set run, i now have a 08 rubi aswell coming but idk if we will b making the trail cause they want to get comfortable with their rigs . though if things change i shall make a post and be at flying j at 8:30. i would like to tackle miller again

Comment

Good clean fun today, was nice meeting everyone that came out. Except for some guy in a black yj getting hung up trying bonus lines, everyone made it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
                        Good clean fun today, was nice meeting everyone that came out. Except for some guy in a black yj getting hung up trying bonus lines, everyone made it easy.
                        Likewise Matt. And thanks again to Russ for leading.
                        Sandy Reshes
                        95 ZJ Laredo
                        05 Rubicon

Comment

Lockwood Miller Jeep Trail

We had four Jeeps on the Sunday Lockwood-Miller Jeep Trail Run. Here are some pictures at the air down point:

Sandy's (SandyR) ZJ:

Sergio's YJ:

Matt's (lakev2) YJ:

The weather was perfect. It was sunny, the temperature was in the 70s and the wind was light. We left the air down point at about 9:30 am. Sandy and Sergio are climbing the first hill. Sergio had a bit of difficulty because his air activated front axle wouldn't engage. He fixed the problem (a check valve) and continued without any more trouble:

The "squeeze" is now wide enough that a Hummer could fit through:

The view of Lockwood Valley from the Miller Jeep Trail:

The Miller Jeep Trail is about as rough as ever:

We reached Dutchman Campground at about 1:00 pm and stopped for lunch. During the climb up Miller, the mounting plate that connected Sergio's transfer case to his skid came loose. After lunch, he found a nut and bolt that would fit, and reconnected it.

This was the first time I ran the trail this year and it was the fastest that I have ever run the trail. It seemed to be easier than I remember, but I suspect that the lift and bigger tires (33s) that I installed over the winter had a lot to do with it.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                          X