Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I survived EJS '04

I got home about 2 hours ago, I'm exhausted quick update. Ran "Fins N Things-3.5" on Tuesday in my stock Jeep, I had a few moments of I can't do that is there a bypass or can someone drive my Jeep up that rock but I drove the entire trail (4 hours) I had a great spotter. The weather would change from nice to rain without notice. I dined at Moab Brewery/Moab Diner/Bandino's, visited "Hole N a Rock," "Arches National Park," "Canyon Lands National Park" gift shops on Main Street, "City Market," walked around "Spanish Trails" to look at the vendor merchandise, ran into old friends and met some new ones
    *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
    Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
    Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

sounds like you had a good time, glad you did. wanna come back the end of may???:confused:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I cut my trip short, I was supposed to leave on Sunday, stupid cell phones were on analog $1 per min and then I realized before I left that my Motel room voicemail was jacked up, that could be why I was missing calls. It was hard to get a hold of friends to make plans and meet up. I only got 1 day on "Fins N Things."

Regarding going back in May - I have the time, maybe???? the money, I'd like to see the difficult trails, but the drive was a killer for me :yawn: I left at 11am-Fri Utah time and got home at 1am-Sat CA time. I'm exhausted but can't seem to get myself off online and into bed.

Comment

yes, the drive is a killer, that's why i try to stay an entire week. come back with us if you can, we'll show you the fun stuff. :yay:
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

hey congrats! so how was the event other than the sights? got any pics?
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm still exhausted from the drive back, had rain from SoCal to Williams, AZ last Saturday, rain again leaving AZ on route to Moab on Monday (rained almost everyday for a short time in Moab, except on Tuesday when I relaxed by the pool after running "Fins N Things" and rain again leaving Moab - hail in St.George, UT.

The scenery/trails - gorgeous. The trails were freshly marked with the dinosaur prints, saw some campers along route of "Fins N Things" and all over. Since I left early I don't know how many more Jeeps showed up but the flow on Main street wasn't stop n go. The vendor show at "Spanish Trails" was more interesting to me looking at the Jeeps in the parking lot then actually the products being shown.

I took 4 rolls of film I will get them developed this week and try to get my scanner working or buy a new one so I post them.

Comment

How was Canyonlands? Which district did you visit? The Missus and I will be skipping out early on Moab to go explore the Maze district of Canyonlands NP and also to check out Escalante.

PIX!
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Where are the picture's, Karie???
                Michael Stowe
                Tin Benders

Comment

I got 2 rolls developed, they came out just ok, my copilot/photographer didn't get that more than my Jeep needed to be in the picture, so my pictures don't really show the steep climbs up/down the "Fins" part. I will look this weekend for free hosting so I can share them.

BTW Jeepskickass I emailed you a few times, I didn't get a reply, did you change your email addy?

Comment

Working...
                  X