Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]Did he smash it on 3N16?[/COLOR]
    We were on JB not far past the off limits camp ground if I remember correctly. We thought he was trying to move a rock with his bumper until it rolled under him. He was doing eval on the trail and just missed the boulder in front of him. LOL!

Poor Critter... He was winched once, almost rolled once and had to be strapped and winched and then the oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Yup ran JB with Russ Chung this afternoon, kinda like the gatekeeper rocks on the left something different than last year. Still wanna see awesome wheeler run it in his CJ6 on 31's without rock stacking, winching or strapping. Took a bit of maneuvering to get Russ through a couple of parts on 33's. All in all a very nice run thoroughly enjoyed it
      Boy did you ever miss what I was saying Art, you of all people. I never said it could be run without help, All I said was it can be run and has been for years. I have seen guys get hung up with much larger tires than 31s, I had to take a pull last year in the TJ on 33s on 1 run. nothing wrong with needing a pull. What I was saying in those post is telling people they do not belong on the trail because they are on 31s is wrong, as is stating that you do not want guys on that trail running 31s because you have so much money in your rig, both of which were said in the thread.
      cut and paste Also, it's always been our idea that if you've only got 31"s, you probably should'nt be on the run anyway.
      cut and paste I'm sure many would agree they didn't invest a small fortune in their rigs to do runs anyone can do.
      those were the statements I objected to. Now if being outspoken about that means I mistaken as saying something else,, that is your words, not mine. I just object to elitist attitudes putting guys down for choosing the equipment they want to run. Kinda like putting down someone for the color of their skin. We are all here to have fun and wheel. We need to remember what we call common equipment today was only dreamed about 20 years ago, and we ran the same trails.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Nice report and great pics!

Here is a shot of my gramps with his Model T fixin a bead on the trail ... no fancy high lift jack or metal wheels!
        grit and will power is all you need! He thinks we're all a bunch spoiled sissies!

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
        Boy did you ever miss what I was saying Art, you of all people. I never said it could be run without help, All I said was it can be run and has been for years. I have seen guys get hung up with much larger tires than 31s, I had to take a pull last year in the TJ on 33s on 1 run. nothing wrong with needing a pull. What I was saying in those post is telling people they do not belong on the trail because they are on 31s is wrong, as is stating that you do not want guys on that trail running 31s because you have so much money in your rig, both of which were said in the thread.
        cut and paste Also, it's always been our idea that if you've only got 31"s, you probably should'nt be on the run anyway.
        cut and paste I'm sure many would agree they didn't invest a small fortune in their rigs to do runs anyone can do.
        those were the statements I objected to. Now if being outspoken about that means I mistaken as saying something else,, that is your words, not mine. I just object to elitist attitudes putting guys down for choosing the equipment they want to run. Kinda like putting down someone for the color of their skin. We are all here to have fun and wheel. We need to remember what we call common equipment today was only dreamed about 20 years ago, and we ran the same trails.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mike I saw the Jamboree group a the bottom of Van Dusen rd. airing up. Sure timed the run right so we didn't run in to them. They must of been on there for about 6 hrs.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            Mike I saw the Jamboree group a the bottom of Van Dusen rd. airing up. Sure timed the run right so we didn't run in to them. They must of been on there for about 6 hrs.
            [COLOR="Blue"]I passed the DPS group near Running springs on the way home. [/COLOR]

Comment

Me (in my JK) and my buddy in a Sami on 32s ran Jacoby/Gold Mtn/JB/and back on 3n14/4n16 to LV on Sat. We were going to run Wht Mtn too, but ran outta time.

Thought for sure I would run into you guys up there!!! But didnt see anyone that I knew- did run into a few Jambo groups.

Thanks for the pics!!!

Comment

Love the model T pic

Comment

I had run JB on 31s with open diffs three times in the past, so I was not expecting any problem getting through on 33s with lockers. But I discovered that you still have to pick your line carefully through the east gatekeeper, because once your tire slips into one of the ruts, the lockers don't help! Art had to spot me back and forth a few times and he had to throw some rocks into the rut so I could get through the gatekeeper.

We didn't see any other vehicles while we were on the trail. We made it from the east gatekeeper to the west end of the trail in less than an hour, even counting the time it took for me to get through the gatekeeper. When we got to the west end, there were two Jeeps that were just starting up the trail. I noticed that one of the Jeeps (a YJ) was on 31s. I think it is easier to start at the west end and head east because you will be going down the worst spots.
                  If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                  KI6MLU

Comment

How was the east end of the trail? The spot after the curved climb is a favorite place of mine to climb up the rock formation and take a sun moment.
                    I also have hiked the area they call Alpine road area and found a few signs of mining up there.
                    On the west end, If you turn west when the trail runs back to Holcomb Valley there are a few working mines that prospector clubs have, a killer shale climb and some killer trails that are fun to explore, lots of active mine claims then it lets you out around the horse ranch.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by spearheadbill View Post
                      Nice report and great pics!

Here is a shot of my gramps with his Model T fixin a bead on the trail ... no fancy high lift jack or metal wheels!
                      grit and will power is all you need! He thinks we're all a bunch spoiled sissies!
                      [COLOR="Blue"]Looks like gramps dosen't even have onboard air. .[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X