Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Dishpan Springs - John Bull

[COLOR="blue"]We had a nice run across 3 of the best trails in So. Cal. We started with 6 well equipped vehicles and ended with 7. We met a couple from the LA area on the White Mt trail in a nice JK, who joined us on the JB trail. Now they're hooked and I'm sure we'll see them again.

The Jeepers Jamboree was also running several of the trails there this week end, one of the groups we met on the DP trail.

These trails were a first time run for some in the group, and everyone had a great time.[/COLOR]

Slideshow
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

A few pix

ERocker

Brent - AllPro's PR Guy

[COLOR="Blue"]DPS gatekeepers - I didn't know whether to stop or roll up the window & punch it.[/COLOR]

We met Kevin ot the gatekeeper

Great pictures Mike! Kinda easy stuff after Mottino and the other fire roads you normally run

Mitch

Comment

Cool pics, I'm going there next weekend.
      www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

Yup ran JB with Russ Chung this afternoon, kinda like the gatekeeper rocks on the left something different than last year. Still wanna see awesome wheeler run it in his CJ6 on 31's without rock stacking, winching or strapping. Took a bit of maneuvering to get Russ through a couple of parts on 33's. All in all a very nice run thoroughly enjoyed it

Comment

Art did you try the left side today? I will try it next time after the rocks set. I can see why critter took out his oil pan.If the rocks slip your stuck.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

loved the pictures...

Comment

Thanks for the pic's Mike,Ive never been on those trails yet but hope to soon.Were those people standing in the road on purpose?Or just standing around with thier hands in thier pockets playing with thier change?
              Dennis and Tammy
              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

John Bull

Went up to gold Mtn, and John bull with My daughter, and Billy. Ran into the Jamboree, and helped pull a vehicle that got stuck on his lower control arm. Later on the way to JB I took a line that I knew Billy would get high center on if he followed my line. Ah the trap was set. Fresh meat, all in the name of fun.

Other pictures of going up the left side of the gate keeper. Got to the final rock, and was having fun when my wife told me that another group was waiting for the trail. Didn't know that it was mike and Curtis, so being polite I went up the trail to get out of their way.

Got to use the strap a couple of more times, but when Billy gets his locker in there, he'll be force to reckon with. Headed to the Discovery center to get our Forest passes, then cruised to Arrowhead for a nice Mexican dinner, and Margaritas. A long but enjoyable day, Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                  Thanks for the pic's Mike,Ive never been on those trails yet but hope to soon.Were those people standing in the road on purpose?Or just standing around with thier hands in thier pockets playing with thier change?
                  [COLOR="Blue"]The people at the gate were from the Jeepers Jamboree. We met head to head a little ways down the trail. The leader had them wait behind the gate till we passed through.

Kevin I think I startled on of the gals with you when I yelled out "get that Toyota off the trail". I don't think they realized we knew you guys.[/COLOR]

Comment

What ya think Curtis, of course is easier than it looks and seys you up nice to get over the big rock, looks like they moved that back to the spot it was at at the start of last years wheeling season. Kevin I thought I saw your beast on Mike's pics

Comment

Kevin weren't you recovering vehicles on the Fissure Mt trail also??

Comment

Critters smashed oil pan did not happen on either gatekeeper. It was a total fluke...

Comment

Originally posted by RubiKat View Post
                          Critters smashed oil pan did not happen on either gatekeeper. It was a total fluke...
                          [COLOR="Blue"]Did he smash it on 3N16?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                            [COLOR="Blue"]The people at the gate were from the Jeepers Jamboree. We met head to head a little ways down the trail. The leader had them wait behind the gate till we passed through.

Kevin I think I startled on of the gals with you when I yelled out "get that Toyota off the trail". I don't think they realized we knew you guys.[/COLOR]
                            Thats cool Mike, my daughter told me that somebody said something derogatory, but then I saw you and Curtis I knew you were just joking around. Where did you pickup the want to be ( posers ) FJ's?

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                              Thats cool Mike, my daughter told me that somebody said something derogatory, but then I saw you and Curtis I knew you were just joking around. Where did you pickup the want to be ( posers ) FJ's?
                              [COLOR="Blue"]They're some friends from So Cal FJ group. They did a great job on the trail.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X