Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4rheel View Post
    great pics Devils hole looks like a nice place to relax, can a stock yj make that run? Did you see any deer?
    Rich:gun:
    Rich,you and Debbra would like this trail.nice views and just enough to make it exciting.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dennis, when you reckon we could make a run? That looks like Trout water and Deer contry!!!!!

let's go!
      Rich.:gun:
      But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

2x count me in!

Comment

The trout need to be thrown back as I recall barbless hooks only

Comment

Rich,

Awesome trout! I just didn't expect that size trout swimming in there.

Art,

You are correct. Barbless hooks only, and "Catch & Release".

Dennison and I will spend some time there this summer. Another month and the trees will be full of leaves. Such a special place to hide from the heat of the desert.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              The trout need to be thrown back as I recall barbless hooks only
              Thanks Art, i'll check regs. catch and release works for me. i would imagine barbless on a wild crick

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Rich,

Awesome trout! I just didn't expect that size trout swimming in there.

Art,

You are correct. Barbless hooks only, and "Catch & Release".

Dennison and I will spend some time there this summer. Another month and the trees will be full of leaves. Such a special place to hide from the heat of the desert.

Mitch
                Mitch, didn't mean to misleade you, that pic is from the Kern river. never been to Devils hole, but i want to. hint hint

Comment

Rich,

Too funny! That looks exactly like the spot we were at there at Devil's Hole. I have have spent a bunch of time on the Kern. Democrat Hot Springs on the lower, and several camp grounds on the upper. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 4rheel View Post
                    Dennis, when you reckon we could make a run? That looks like Trout water and Deer contry!!!!!
                    let's go!
                    Rich,that was my 1'st trail,found it in a book I got at NAPA,after I got the CJ5 and before I found that Jeepers are on the Net.
                    Let me check my shed-u-all and we'll set something up.
                    Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Rich,

Too funny!....I have have spent a bunch of time on the Kern. Democrat Hot Springs.....
                      Now Mitch.......that explains it! Wait until Max hears this.
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

well.... ah....... It's just a name and it was a long time ago!

Comment

AWESOME pictures!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                            Now Mitch.......that explains it! Wait until Max hears this.
                            LOL,To funny
                            Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Rich,

No deer on Sunday. I think that a stocker would be fine if you avoid the deep ruts on those steep sections of 3N34Y. Also 3N34 bypasses that section and re-joins the trail before 3N34D to Devils Hole. The Black Diamond rating on the trail down into Devils Hole is due to extreme steepness not technical stuff. There is a short rocky section the last 200 feet of trail.

Clay, the water was pumping on Sunday. KC would not be happy having to stay out.

Mitch
                              Mitch or anyone who knows?

I was just reading this above,but on my back country Arrowhead trail map it shows the first part of the trail as
                              3N34X going Straight (East) and 3N34 jogging to the south and coming back around to the main trail. Is the southern bypass the easier part of the trail? Thanks Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                                Mitch or anyone who knows?

I was just reading this above,but on my back country Arrowhead trail map it shows the first part of the trail as
                                3N34X going Straight (East) and 3N34 jogging to the south and coming back around to the main trail. Is the southern bypass the easier part of the trail? Thanks Gary
                                Yes Gary,

3N34 is the easier part of the trail. Pretty much just a dirt fire road. 3N34x is the harder trail with lots of ruts and off camber stuff. 3N34x is passable with a stock Jeep if you stay out of the ruts. I wouldn't do 3N34x by myself unless you've been on it once first. Let me know if you wanna go up there sometime, That's one of my favorite trails!

Scott
                                Last edited by avjeepfreek; 05-14-10, 12:45 PM.
                                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
                                X