This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
    Christian, Congrat,s on passin yer test I saw you posted...good stuff, I know Steve(SarJeeper) and the others with radio,s love it!!
    Geebo was helping me pull down my antenna this morning.

Christian...please come out to the Field Day event...Table Mountain Campground near Wrightwood. You should still have my cell. Call me if you want to camp, I have room for 1 more vehicle. If you don't call, I'll offer it to someone else. So, it'll cost you a whopping $5 per night.

Also in the campground will be the IRC Radio Club. A lot of knowledge with that group, and a lot of nice people.

I am in Campsite #10, Roger is in #8. Even if for the day, come on out on Saturday!

Comment

I'll be leaving tomorrow AM. Hope to see you guys out there. Again, I am in Campsite #10. Roger is in #8.

I'll post photo's when I get home!

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
        Geebo was helping me pull down my antenna this morning.

Christian...please come out to the Field Day event...Table Mountain Campground near Wrightwood. You should still have my cell. Call me if you want to camp, I have room for 1 more vehicle. If you don't call, I'll offer it to someone else. So, it'll cost you a whopping $5 per night.

Also in the campground will be the IRC Radio Club. A lot of knowledge with that group, and a lot of nice people.

I am in Campsite #10, Roger is in #8. Even if for the day, come on out on Saturday!
        Steve,

I just left you a voice mail message.

I'll be there.

Christian
        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

[COLOR="Red"]THERE IS A WILD FIRE IN THE WRIGHTWOOD AREA.

[COLOR="Black"]Hwy 2 "IS CLOSED 1.7 MI EAST OF WRIGHTWOOD TO 2 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF SR 138 (SAN BERNARDINO CO) - DUE TO A WILDLAND FIRE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE
          AN ALTERNATE ROUTE" 6/25/2010 5:40 AM

If you are going to the field day, take Hwy 138 west from I-15 to Lone Pine Canyon Road. That will get you into down town Wrightwood.

You can check the Caltrans website for the most current conditons: http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi
          [/COLOR]
          [/COLOR]
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

I will try to monitor the Table mtn repeater for incoming members: 145.280 - 131.8. We will also monitor MJR-1

Roger - N6UJM
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Yeah Roger I thought I heard about a fire up that way yesterday on T.V. but just caught the end of it ...was gonna call Steve but he would have already been up there!..Be safe guys...Geeb
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Hwy 2.......

......is expected to be reopened this afternoon as per CHP.......
                John & Kristi

Comment

Fire, ah, so that is what happened to you guys
                  I made field day with one of the Las Vegas Clubs, and was set up in a not so local park. got there around 3 and they were doing the usual 5, 10, 20 meter in different modes, I got a ride on a yeasu 897 running 20 and tried to hit TM but had no response so I turned to the midwest for a while till I gave up the mic, Filled in 5 areas of contact for the group in the band. Fun for me began that night when we went back and we I set up on HF, was on a sweet kenwood setup for a while doing 80 then caught a seat on 160, guy had a strait key and I found a mood bounce for about 3 minutes that I got 5 contacts on and later found a skip right into Japan and China that had me filling in areas left and right, but that was hard to hold so I went back to a few bands I like to hit mid pacific and go t into a ragchew with a guy I had not heard from in a few years, realizing I was using up valuable time on field day I tried to give up my strait key but no
                  one wanted to use it so we set up a set of paddles and soon had 3 or 4 other visitors drooling over the china skip that kept fading in and out. all this on a home made dipole using a 20 ohm balun to counteract ground impedance from having it strung seriously to low in young trees. I guess that is when a few experimental 6 meter antennas came out and we started working the west coast for fun. Saw one of the coolest rigs I have seen in years as a guy brought his grandfathers rig from the 40s and we fired it up for a few minutes. great day.
                  Last edited by Beatrice; 06-27-10, 04:47 AM.
                  Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Working...
                  X