Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for letting us come out and join in the fun on Saturday. Had a great time and met a lot of nice people.

Here's some video I captured while out there. Sorry for not holding the camera steady.LOL

View My Video
    You're forgiven...since I'm in the video!

Comment

Had a great time, but was a little confused. I expected the group would meet at Peggy Sue's and split into an Odessa/Doran run and the stocker run. But I couldn't even find a leader for the O/D and it didn't seem that an "official" run was ever offered. Did I miss something? Finally went and did Odessa solo. Of course, you're never really alone out there, so no biggie. Just wasn't what I was expecting.

Comment

Hi Bill you just try to tag along with some people,
        we picked a guy up along the trail and I a, pretty sure he did stuff with his Jeep that he had never dreamed of.
        But I am pretty sure he will remember the day for awhile.
        Also the fire road inspectors

Comment

Another Video!

IDTT was a great time as usual! Here is a link to a video that I made from the trip:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnVQ6Ch8wQ
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Hi everyone,
            My name is Chris, many of you might of seen me riding with FishPOET Friday, I just want to say Thank You All for letting me join in on your Festivity's, I had a Great time! And it was Nice to see some old Friends,an meeting some new ones.Hope to see you all again soon.
            And one last thing, Thank you for waiting till I left to talk about my Toyota

Comment

It was a great weekend!

I enjoyed seeing those people that I knew and meeting many for the first time.

The Stocker Run worked out well once we figured out that we were supposed to take the "middle" road. Third time is a charm!

It was good to see that Roger's situation with his stuck ingnition key was relatively easy to resolve with the help of MJRs finest mechanical minds on the job.

Thanks go out to all of the incredible road builders that helped us get around that stuck Explorer that looked like it was on its second blown tire near Kramer's Arch on Phillip's Loop. I guess that the Explorer wasn't stolen after all, but they definitely drove it like they stole it!

The run we did on Sunday turned out to be spectacular!

Finding the Silver Bow mine was a fun trek, but would have required climbing gear to explore the inside of that mine. I'm not sure what the big strip mining operation near there was called.

Our band of intrepid explorers wandered over to the north side of Calico Mountain. A very well build rig would have been able to make it from where we decided to stop to where we were with the Geocache run on Friday in what I think was called Hidden Valley. The view from a large flat overlook on that trail was amazing!

We decided to back track and found another fun trail which bypassed the Bismark Mine on the way back to Mule Canyon.

I've got some random pics from the weekend and will post them as soon as I get them uploaded to PhotoBucket.

Christian
              Last edited by headhunter; 03-30-10, 03:14 PM.
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Thats a great video mike. I haven't been to calico in about 5 or 6 years. The gate keeper looks a whole lot harder than back then. All the pictures were great guys.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Comment

My Wife,Son,and I had a great time at IDTT.Getting to see everyone again and meeting so many new friends in such a short time was very cool.Want to thank Roger and Christian for setting up a fun and interesting stocker run.Here are a few pic's the Wife took.

Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Nice pictures there. I had a blast this year. Not that I don't each time I go. Nice to see everyone I haven't seen in awhile and met a bunch of new and great people. No pictures from me. I always forget the camera somewhere.

Comment

wow you guys saw a sheep! i will have to keep my eyes open now. great pics!
                        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Friday's Geocaching Run...

Here is a link to my slideshow for the whole weekend:

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

Here are some pics from Friday:

I'll post more for Saturday and Sunday.

Christian
                          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                            wow you guys saw a sheep! i will have to keep my eyes open now. great pics!
                            That was so cool.We were walking down the road and Dale spotted him just standing there looking at us.He didn't act like we were much of a bother and went back to eating.
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Saturday's Stocker Run

Here are some pics of the Stocker Run on Saturday:

One more post with some of Sunday's pics coming!

Christian
                              Last edited by headhunter; 03-31-10, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Sunday's Exploration Run

Here are some pics of the Exploration Run we did on Sunday to the Silver Bow Mine area, as well as, the area north of Calico Mountain:

I look forward to going back and exploring more of the area and spending additional time in some of the places that we just passed through quickly.

Christian
                                Last edited by headhunter; 03-31-10, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X