Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Idtt

Well Fred and me went to visit a good sized group of the MJR friends at the IDTT get together and had a ball.
    What a difference compared to last year, less people and completely uncluttered trails. So we had a blast running the trails, a wee bit of spectacle at the gatekeeper and
    to top it of we explored the Oregon mine. That definitely took the cake what a cool mine to roam around in. For the trails we ran Doran, Wall street and Odessa even broke a noob in that we found stuck on the trail.
    I hope it made his and his family's day.
    Well here are a few pics, Kurt was the videographer for the day so he can post that in the next couple of days.
    All in all a great day on the trail and to all of those that missed it, man you all missed out in a big way.

Last edited by sarah; 03-29-10, 09:38 AM. Reason: this was a trail run, not an organized event (semantics, yeah...)

I missed another good one. Anybody else go up gatekeeper? and make it? It looks like steve made it allright.

Comment

Man now im pissed i had to work this weekend. Looks like you guys had a great time......
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

I can almost hear Kurt spotting from here, "No, you SHOULD be ok, no wait, well come on, that wheel has to come down sooner or later". Hope every one had a fun time. And Art you need to show me that mine one day. Going to the SNAKE today.

Mitch

Comment

Have to work this weekend but went out to Mule Canyon Friday afternoon to meet some of the guys and gals. It was nice to put a name with a face. Good to meet some of you. Hopefully next time I'll be able to wheel. Roger good seeing you again and thanks for all the introductions.
          I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

When I told Ozzi we were going to see his sister Rubi here

This is the response I got

So we loaded up the truck and headed for the desert.

So number 7 was moved to Mule Canyon. When we took off on Saturday morning to hit Doran and the gatekeeper, we went through Odessa canyon and our old staging site. It was empty. No one in the canyon at all. So the trails were nice and uncongested.

We shot over to the gatekeeper. I have video downloading now.

After gatekeeper we ran up doran and wound up over at Wallstreet. Again, all I shot was video on this run.

Later, after a lunch break back at camp, we ran up Odessa and went to the Oregon mine. Here are some pics of that run.

I was riding with Doug (FISHPOET) this trip. It was hard to keep the camera steady; he keeps trying to go up the side of the canyon..

Last edited by RAT; 03-28-10, 11:41 AM.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Awesome!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

The top of Odessa

Mike trying to run over (nothing new here)

Oregon Mine and a spectacular view

Comment

More of the Oregon Mine

Spring sprung

Cave troll

Comment

This mine is pretty cool, if you haven't explorerd any of the mines in Calico you don't know what you're missing

Another great time at Calico, and IDTT. Thanks for this fun event Rick and Sarah. And Happy Birthday Brian.
                    It was good to get out and wheel with everyone, and meet some of the newest additions to MJR.

Comment

Was a good time, kids are absolutely hooked on camping after this trip. Was their first time for overnight offroad trips and I was unsure how patient they would be. Turns out they wanted to stay another night. Crazy kids.

We didn't take many pics, but had tons of fun, ran up Doran, down odessa, up Phillips loop, Up Odessa, then down Phillips loop.

Oh and we went through the Ghost Town shops and train tour on Friday before getting to camp.

"It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

I left Norco at 2pm on Thursday 3-25. I stopped at the BLM Office in Barstow to pick up some maps. I was in camp at 5pm.

On Friday morning the geocaching run left camp at 10am. We headed East in Mule Canyon to Hidden Valley. We explored all 3 arms of Hidden Valley hiding a new geocache in each.

we left East out of Hidden Valley via Greg's Trail. We hooked up with a couple of different pole line roads and found GC1RYXQ. We had lunch and half the group headed back to camp. The rest of us headed for Alvord Mine.

Sparkly rock

Looking up a vertical shaft

We wanted to run up Spanish Canyon which is not far from Alvord Mine but time was becoming a factor so we took pole line road back to Mule Canyon and back to camp at 4:30pm.

Saturday morning camp

Stocker run

Some shots from Saturday in Doran and Odessa.

This guy broke a rear axle

Another fabulous weekend in the desert.
                        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Another year has gone by - wow! Rick and I had a memorable weekend with friends and the new friends we made. The stocker run was great, thanks to Roger and Christian for mapping that out. We finally saw the sights of Calico like Kramers Arch and the cabin thingy! Hopefully we got some folks interested in becoming hams with that long distance call to Canada! Good one, Steve. And an ultra big thanks to Tammy and Chris for getting the campsite squared away, it seems everone was happy with the new and bigger camp spot. Photos to come when I get to my computer. Thanks everyone, for hangin out with us!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Chris' pics from Friday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1598029...7623721889858/
                            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Of course if something will go wrong, it'll be my Jeep I can't thank Julie, Rick and everyone else enough for helping me get my Jeep repaired. Thanks Christian for running the last 1/2 of the stocker run.

LeAnne & I had a great time and enjoyed seeing our friends and making a bunch of new ones.

Oh, and our Sunday run With Christian & Mary was awesome! We went about as far north in the Calico Mtns as you can go! we were on a ridge overlooking coyote Lake and Ft Irwin in the distance. Also the ridge above the Silver (Bowl?) mine was fantasic! We had a view from Mt San Gergornio to Mt Baldy.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

Tammy & Sarah - I assume I have the cones to deliver to Sarah??
                              Last edited by Roger; 03-29-10, 05:37 AM.
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X