Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading there next month. Did you see an area for dispersed camping? One that we can get RV's to?

Comment

Originally posted by WAM View Post
      Heading there next month. Did you see an area for dispersed camping? One that we can get RV's to?
      [COLOR="Blue"]I'm not sure what the rules are for camping there, but it is a popular OHV area. There are plenty of areas to stage for OHV use, but I'm not sure what the camping rules are. A call to BLM would answer that.

The main road into the area, Price Road, is a 2 lane graded dirt road suitable for any RV.

Charle Well's "Arizona Trails" guide book covers most all the trails in the area. If you haven't been there this would be worth getting.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah, I have the Well's AZ guide. He mentions "miles of dispersed camping" but fails to give a clue where. I would guess along the northern Mineral Mountain Rd, but Price Rd would be better located to town. I don't know if it's BLM or ASTL land, but I'll call both.

Comment

WoW! that looks great. Another one added to my list.

Scott

Comment

Mike I hear that Florance is one of the new hot places to move to. I will be checking it out this year.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Florance is a small and old town and reminds you of some of the Salton Sea area towns. But the areas around Tucson were VERY nice and have got me thinking a little.[/COLOR]

Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-07-10, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                Mike I hear that Florance is one of the new hot places to move to. I will be checking it out this year.
                [COLOR="Blue"]Curtis, I think as you drive into the Florance area, I think...... there might have been some building going on in the area.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice little town! Thanks for posting.

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Florence-Arizona.aspx
                  Last edited by Jeep4cern; 04-08-10, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    [COLOR="Blue"]Florance is a small and old town and reminds you of some of the Salton Sea area towns. But the areas around Tucson were VERY nice and have got me thinking a little
                    Mike, take a look around Prescott also. That area was very much on our list of places to retire. They have a really neat downtown and lots of interesting places to explore.
                    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                      Mike, take a look around Prescott also. That area was very much on our list of places to retire. They have a really neat downtown and lots of interesting places to explore.
                      [COLOR="Blue"]That end of Arizona is very nice. I wish I could afford to retire.[/COLOR]

Comment

Looks really nice! Cost of living is high. But, it looks nice there.
                        http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Prescott-Arizona.aspx#

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                          [COLOR="Blue"]That end of Arizona is very nice. I wish I could afford to retire.[/COLOR]
                          We had some friends who also liked the area. Cost concerns led them to go a bit north and live in Chino Valley.

The Prescott area is kind of neat in that it is not on the way to someplace else. That means there is not a lot of extraneous traffic.
                          Rich

Comment

Prescott is nice. There is a lot of history there too. It was the capitol of AZ at one point. I remember going up there once a year for the art festival when I was younger.
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Mike, what happened to your photos?
                              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer