Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run my trailer on the road at 10 psi... and 4.5 on the trail.. I didn't want it bouncing all over the trail. For kicks I had it at 1 psi for a bit and it had a nice squash going. When you're pulling the trailer through some rough patches it kind of slides around obstructions rather than straight over them unless you really line it up to go over.. The weight behind you is pushing you so once the trailer is rolling there isn't much resistance.

We did set up and camp in two different spots. There are more pics these were taken by one of the other guys.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...bum_view_click
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Link URL takes you to the home page. I have a M416 military had a Autohome tent on top for awhile but it was 6" longer then the trailer and also made it hard to get to stuff in the trailer. Might decide to put it up for sale. Uh...the Autohome tent not the M416 trailer.

JJ
      "JJ" The PhotoJeeper
      Ham Callsign: KG6HRA

Comment

Hey there Toolman & mrchips... I recognize those names !!

It was nice meeting you guys ...here are some more pix -

My pix

Patricks pix
        Kurt T.
        94 ZJ, 4X4, 5.2, 31's, open diff's.

Comment

Air pressure and Pics

GREAT PICS AND RIGS! Thanks for sharing.......
          Whens the next one?

Not sure what my trailer weight really is but I run the tires just below 30PSI and have never air them down, I go with the easier rolling resistance theory.

Hey MrChips, How ya been? So far the spring spacers are working perfect, especially with the trailer in tow.....thanks again.

Again, nice looking rigs everyone.......
          John & Kristi

Comment

Thanks for the replies about tire pressure.

It looks like there is room for experimentation!

One day, I look forward to getting one of these, but I've got a few other things that need to be done first.

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

It would have been nice to see all the trailers together. I am planning on building a trailer, but I haven't decided if I want an off-road utility trailer set up of camping or an off-road micro travel trailer (not a tear-drop).
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Here are some more pics from run

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...bum_view_click

It really depends on the nature of your treks.. I want to do some expeditions, as well as base camp set up and then rock crawling, my trailer is constantly undergoing improvements... I just added 2 new tongue boxes and a rear swing away tire carrier that will also act as a table for my stove. Propane is next and then H20.. and on demand propane water heater.

If you have any questions about how you would want to set up your trailer I will help you out with what I know.. check out this site it should help.. you may have to join but it's free. It has been very helpful, Axles, suspension, Roof Top Tents, etc. and on and on and on and on...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...splay.php?f=42
                You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Working...
                X