Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Trailer Run

A lot of us have trailers and this trip has been organized for those of who want to take them on a cruise run.

You must have an off road trailer to attend this run. If you would like to join us pm me and I will give the coordinates
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Nice trip plans......

Ahhh, wish we could make it but to short of notice and the weather might "dampen" things a bit.

We would be up for planning another "trailer run" in the future, Mojave Road is one we wanna do this spring........have fun. We just did that area a few weeks ago with the trailer,a few times in the past couple months actually. The picture was taken at Anza Borrego State Park Campground. We did Diablo, Fish Creek, Coyote Cyn and got lost in the Badlands looking for Pumpkin Patch........

John & Kristi

Comment

Those are the trails we're running except pumpkin patch.

I like your set up.. who built the trailer ?

The weather looks like it's clearing up.

Comment

Yeah, post up this run on a later date, still building my girls trailer for her rig and this would be a good break in run plus get some good ideas at the same time.

Comment

Thanks.....

......the trailer was built by Bear Trailer Sports in Chatsworth, beartrailersports.com.

Really nice and very knowledgable in building trailers. Looks like he has designed a trailer for just about anything you can think of, plus he is a hard core wheeler too.
          It has a torsion bar/trailing arm type suspension, L.E.D lights recessed and a bunch of other options depending on your needs. The alumimum diamond plate box and the storage pod I added.
          I have the standard hitch connection (2" ball and tongue) which is removable when you leave it parked some where or you can get the 'off road" hitch which looks like it had unlimited amount of flexabilty.
          He said he based the design on the old military trailers, I think he nailed it, very happy with it.

So yeah, let us know how this trip went and post up again when your ready to do it again.
          John & Kristi

Comment

Mine is very similar 3500 lb axle torsion bar system with Electric brake control.. RTT couple of goodies unseen..

We should start planning the next run now so that we have enough attendees.

Last edited by Toolman; 02-03-10, 08:13 PM.

Comment

What about if you have a Cherokee, it's like having a trailer?
              2000 XJ, 108k miles
              33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

Originally posted by jeep-noob View Post
                What about if you have a Cherokee, it's like having a trailer?
                You can have your Cherokee and trailer, too.

Comment

Added trailer benefits......

.......along with just having more space to haul camping/traveling gear it keeps from having to pack/unpack for trips. All the gear stays in the trailer and upon returning I just disconnect, push it to the side. We also go with our two dogs which occupy the back seat area so not much space left for gear. We also like it when we set up camp and want to leave for some exploring, trailer/camp stays set up.....
                  John & Kristi

Comment

NICE Trailgator there sir, glad to that you are happy with it, took a while but the off road public will soon notice, Jim

Comment

This weekend was a blast, can't wait until the next one. The weather was really nice.. a little wet saturday morniing into the afternoon but before and after that it was beautiful..

Here’s a link to some photos

http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...tion%20Portal/

Comment

better link

http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...tion%20Portal/

Comment

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Looking at those pics got me wondering about something, so here is a question for those of you who are experienced with an off-road trailer.

When airing down, do you also air down the trailer's tires? If so, do you air them down to the same level as the tires on the vehicle?

The reason that I'm wondering is that I have a few perceptions in my mind that may or may not be right.

I'm under the impression that if you air down the trailer tires that it will produce considerably more drag making it more difficult to pull. With this in mind it seems that it would be best to leave the tires on the trailer at full pressure.

On the other hand, I guessing that you wouldn't want to pull a hard tire into a sharp rock.

That's why I'm asking those of you who know to set me straight!

Christian
                          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

So did you guys camp out somewhere? I did not see any pics of tents set up.

Comment

I run my trailer tires @ 15 Psi as the trailer weight is only 750 empty and on a large volume tire don't need that much air on the road, and so when I pull it on the trail, I don't air down unless I am going into allot of rocks then air down further as to stop the tires from sliding off the rocks. I don' t think there is much resistance with the low air pressures as to street pressures.
                              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                              X