Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear no one was hurt and your Jeep was brought home safe. That's one deep rut there.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

that's some scary stuff. glad nobody got hurt gettin stopped like that. That's a good way to get a nose job.

Comment

Recovery Skills update

Thought I'd do a li'l follow up:
        First som pix my son took before he jumped in and got wet & muddy digging.
        THAT'S ME IN THE DISTANCE
        [IMG][/IMG]
        THIS LI'L WASH WAS PRETTY DARN DEEP![IMG][/IMG]
        FULLY ENGULFED!
        [IMG][/IMG]
        AVJEEPFEEK TO THE RESCUE
        [IMG][/IMG]
        UNFORTUNATELY WINCHING FROM THE REAR WAS USELESS

MY ENGINE AFTERWARD
        [IMG][/IMG]
        [IMG][/IMG]

When I got it home I drained the oil and literally a gallon of water came out before the oil started draining. Put in fresh oil and filter. Pulled all the pugs and turned it over. Water squirted from several cylinders. I looked down the throttle body, it was full of dirty water.
        I squirted oil into all the cylinders and down the intake manifold. Then turned it over 'till the battery went dead.
        Charged the battery, put in new plugs and she fired right up!!! Burned off the oil and ran like nothing happened.
        THen I removed all the skid plates and pressure washed the whole jeep There was debri packed in the skid plates and up on top of the tranny, in the frame rails. The crap was everywhere and packed in tight.
        After 2 hours of constant pressure washing. I then changed the fluid in the front pumpkin. Yep, full of water. (the vent is right next to the radiator)
        Letting it run for a while I found my alternator was not going to make it. It was full of debri and squealing. Replaced that.
        Drove it to work. (well, half way). It overheated in Ontario. When I got it home i pulled the radiator and there was crap caked between the A/C condenser and the radiator. Broke out the pressure washer again.
        Drove it to work the next night. By the time I got home from work I no longer had any clutch left. Another victim of the silt.
        Put in new clutch this weekend. But, while trying to muscle the tranny/transfer case back in place on the engine, I broke the crank sensor (on the bellhousing) Just got that today and plan to have it all buttoned back up this week.
        Thought I could get away without changing tranny fluid cuz I saw vent at rear. but when I changed the cluth I saw that it had a hose routed to the front of tranny. So I am gonna change that fluid too.
        I also had to gut the inside and wash everything.
        It seems that there will be no lasting effects from my scuba Jeep adventure.
        Except my XM satalite radio, the control unit was in the dash and got submerged.
        In closing:
        Oil, filter & plugs = $50.00
        Alternator = $160.00
        The look on Scott's face(AVJeepfreek) when he saw where I was stuck......PRICELESS!

You all have a wonderfull day,
        Scott

Comment

I sure hope you will not be victim of about 100 future electrical gremlins, submerging like that is murder on wiring connections. so be prepared for lots of weird electrical gremlins. Glad she is running again though. You are lucky you didn't exit through the windshield when you slammed into the ditch. Word to the wise be careful with desert washes in the rain.

Comment

WOW. Just wow. Glad to hear that everything is working out for you. More important though, glad you weren't hurt. Jeep parts can be replaced.

Comment

Working...
            X