Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really hoping I'd make it, but with this rain there's no way I'm gonna finish my tranny swap by then. Hope y'all have fun!
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Weather update:
      Rain never stopped overnight & is still raining. Holly road is difficult to get to our are with an RV. Once the washes stop flowing we are going to do maintenance on the road to make it easier for RV's to get in.

Haven't been able to mark the course today due to weather and course conditions. Saturday still looks like a nice day though.

Will update Friday AM

Comment

BlurpleXJ, what is the status of the event? Is it still a go? Wondering if its going to be a mud bath, LOL! :bolt:

Originally posted by BlurpleXJ View Post
        Weather update:
        Rain never stopped overnight & is still raining. Holly road is difficult to get to our are with an RV. Once the washes stop flowing we are going to do maintenance on the road to make it easier for RV's to get in.

Haven't been able to mark the course today due to weather and course conditions. Saturday still looks like a nice day though.

Will update Friday AM
        Drew
        95yj Six Pack

Comment

[QUOTE=Drewminator;154803]BlurpleXJ, what is the status of the event? Is it still a go? Wondering if its going to be a mud bath, LOL! :bolt:[/QUOTE

got this email last night:

"Reporting from CORVA Base camp 1/21/2010 @5pm. We had quite a bit of rain overnight and today. The rain has stopped now and things are starting to dry out.

We are still on Holly Rd, though we have moved base camp closer to Holly road. This prevents RV’s from crossing the second main wash. Much nicer location than last year in my opinion. We are working the road right now to make it easier for RV’s to get in.

The weather man says sunny skies in the Ocotillo Wells SVRA location on Saturday. Hope to see you all here.

Be safe driving down.

Steve Hewitt
          Truckhaven Challenge Chairman"

hope it helps
          Dave
          84 CJ7, SOA,258 Howell TBI, T5, Dana 300/4:1,4.10s Dana 30 and ARB front, AMC20 Superior axles and ARB rear,35" MTR's

Comment

Thanks for the update Dave.

[QUOTE=Dave84cj7;154805]
            Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
            BlurpleXJ, what is the status of the event? Is it still a go? Wondering if its going to be a mud bath, LOL! :bolt:[/QUOTE

got this email last night:

"Reporting from CORVA Base camp 1/21/2010 @5pm. We had quite a bit of rain overnight and today. The rain has stopped now and things are starting to dry out.

We are still on Holly Rd, though we have moved base camp closer to Holly road. This prevents RV’s from crossing the second main wash. Much nicer location than last year in my opinion. We are working the road right now to make it easier for RV’s to get in.

The weather man says sunny skies in the Ocotillo Wells SVRA location on Saturday. Hope to see you all here.

Be safe driving down.

Steve Hewitt
            Truckhaven Challenge Chairman"

hope it helps
            Dave
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

any new updates as of today. was getting ready to head down in a couple hours to stay overnight. if weather etc is bad, may just go first thing in the morning.

Comment

Be prepared for snow and icy roads when going through the mountains. Expect the ice to be more of a problem tonight and early in the morning than this afternoon.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                X