Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: CORVA Truckhaven Challenge

CORVA's 15th Annual Truckhaven Challenge. This is a "poker type" run thru the mudhills of Ocotillo Wells SVRA. Camp will be located at S-22 and Holly Rd. The course is approximately 20 miles. Big raffle with great prizes and a BBQ dinner. This run is a fund raiser for CORVA's land use fund. Please visit www.corva.org for more information and a map to the event.

Thanks for the post , this is enough time in advance. I,ve never been to this event, nor have I run the trail...I hope to be there!...Geebo
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

We plan to be there. Our club, On the Rocks, will be doing one of the poker stops.
      Rich

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it again. Did this several years ago. Lots of fun.

Comment

Just thought I would bump this back up. Hope to see a bunch of you there.
          Rich

Comment

Does anyone know the GPS coordinates?

Thanks-

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
            Just thought I would bump this back up. Hope to see a bunch of you there.
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Here's the map

http://www.corva.org/events/images/2...20Site%20B.pdf

And the flyer

http://www.corva.org/events/images/2...haven_15_B.pdf
              Rich

Comment

Thanks Ol Man. I do understand the map, but if there's any GPS info, just to make sure I get there without any issues. If not, no biggy.

Thanks-

Drew
                95yj Six Pack

Comment

The coordinates for the start of the course is N33 15.148 W116 00.746

Our registration is right in the same area so you can't miss it. If you have any kids Sunday will be alot of fun. Not only do we have our kids game, the Ocotillo Wells Interpretive program is going to have a Junior Ranger program along with our game. This won't last too long so you will have plenty of time to get back home.

Hope to see you all there, the course is going to be fun and a good challenge.

Comment

BlurpleXJ, Thank you very much for the info. Cant wait to meet new people and try new trails.

Drew-

Originally posted by BlurpleXJ View Post
                    The coordinates for the start of the course is N33 15.148 W116 00.746

Our registration is right in the same area so you can't miss it. If you have any kids Sunday will be alot of fun. Not only do we have our kids game, the Ocotillo Wells Interpretive program is going to have a Junior Ranger program along with our game. This won't last too long so you will have plenty of time to get back home.

Hope to see you all there, the course is going to be fun and a good challenge.
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

Plan to go but this rain is going to suck.

Comment

Originally posted by skjeep09 View Post
                        Plan to go but this rain is going to suck.
                        Or it could make things very interesting... In general, however, I try to avoid flash-flood prone areas during this kind of weather.
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

So is there a CB chanel everyones going to be on ?

Comment

Hey guys,
                            Just to let you know I am here at base camp right now. The rain has not been bad. Yes it is muddy in spots and some washes have had running water in them, but Saturday is supposed to be nice. No problem getting into base camp off Holly Rd. We are closer to S-22 just so we don't have to cross the big wash with RV's.

We had no rain today until 5:30pm tonight. Marking the course was not as bad as I thought it would be. We did have to change a couple of spots due to mud.

I will post an update Thursday night and Friday.

Hope to see you all here, and be safe driving down.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for the update BlurpleXJ. Looking forward to Saturday! :bonk::bolt:

Originally posted by BlurpleXJ View Post
                              Hey guys,
                              Just to let you know I am here at base camp right now. The rain has not been bad. Yes it is muddy in spots and some washes have had running water in them, but Saturday is supposed to be nice. No problem getting into base camp off Holly Rd. We are closer to S-22 just so we don't have to cross the big wash with RV's.

We had no rain today until 5:30pm tonight. Marking the course was not as bad as I thought it would be. We did have to change a couple of spots due to mud.

I will post an update Thursday night and Friday.

Hope to see you all here, and be safe driving down.
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X