Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan-effin-tabulous! I love that area, cant wait to go back.
    Incredible pictures!
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

GREAT Pics!!!!!! The "loop" is my all time favorite run....so much to see up there! Did you go all the way up the world beater mine trail, past the boilers?
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post
        GREAT Pics!!!!!! The "loop" is my all time favorite run....so much to see up there! Did you go all the way up the world beater mine trail, past the boilers?
        [COLOR="Blue"]I'm not sure where the trail is. There was a new road someone just plowed. It had a gate on it. It looked like and active mine site. It was to the left just as you leave Clair Camp going down Pleasent Cyn.

But we had more than enough sites to see that day. The loop was a fabulous trail, and definatly worth runnung again.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,

The trail that Dave and I went up is right at the foot of the World Beater Mine Cabin that you took the picture at. The trail that you are referring to with the cable and the new sign is the trail to the Ratcliff Mine with sent ore down to Clairs Camp for processing. The new claim holder is the one who had the road graded and cleared and also the "NEW TRAIL" from Ballarat was graded, which is the way he got the 5th wheel that is parked at Clairs Camp. I've got to get there during the week!

Mitch

Comment

awesome run report! love the pics, looks like you all had fun!
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Great pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Mike,

The trail that Dave and I went up is right at the foot of the World Beater Mine Cabin that you took the picture at. The trail that you are referring to with the cable and the new sign is the trail to the Ratcliff Mine with sent ore down to Clairs Camp for processing. The new claim holder is the one who had the road graded and cleared and also the "NEW TRAIL" from Ballarat was graded, which is the way he got the 5th wheel that is parked at Clairs Camp. I've got to get there during the week!

Mitch
                [COLOR="Blue"]We passed a Ford PU that had taken the new Balarat route. A couple of mine looking guys with a truckload of supplies.

Further up the canyon we took a newly graded road that went to the Porter mine. It was gated, so it is most likely active at this time.

The bad news is that someone had taken a bulldozer across some of Clair Camp and piled up some of the ruins into heaps. Not sure of the reason. I believe Clair camp is private property??

Mitch a great place you would like to explore is the Talc City mines. THere is a ton of remains there.

mk[/COLOR]
                Last edited by mkjeepers; 11-15-09, 03:40 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Here is a few more of the 700 pix.

Talc City Mines[/COLOR]

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow
                  Last edited by mkjeepers; 11-15-09, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Really nice pictures and Thanks for the report..damn do I need a decent camrea or some photo lessons...
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                    X