Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I know this is Roger's run. I just missed where it said the meeting location was.

Anyone have an address or cross street for the Valero just so I don't miss it? Or is there only one Valero in LV?
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Only one in LV. IF you get to the juction of 247/18 "U" missed it.
      A few of us are having b/fast at Letty's.
      Respectfully,
      LG
      Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Thanks. I'd love to meet you guys for breakfast, but I don't think I could get the family up early enough for it. It's a couple hour drive out there for us.
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Has anyone had any luck finding flags? I am having a hard time. You would think that Target, Walmart, Homedepot, and some of the other stores would carry these things all year round. They should especially have them right now because of Veterans' Day but Xmas has over run every store.

Also does anyone know how to tune a firestick antenna? I have mine installed now and I am installing my CB on Monday.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
          Last edited by cowtown1; 11-07-09, 12:12 PM. Reason: Missing word
          When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of!

Comment

for your cb tuning and what not go to the CB shop that is just past the truck stop in Ontario of the 10 and Miliken, the street is Guasti. They are very affordable and do a good job

Comment

Originally posted by cowtown1 View Post
              Has anyone had any luck finding flags? I am having a hard time. You would think that Target, Walmart, Homedepot, and some of the other stores would carry these things all year round. They should especially have them right now because of Veterans' Day but Xmas has over run every store.

Also does anyone know how to tune a firestick antenna? I have mine installed now and I am installing my CB on Monday.

Thanks.
              All you need is an SWR meter. Is this the Firestick with the adjustable tip?
              Respectfully,
              LG

Comment

Originally posted by cowtown1 View Post

Thanks.

My Wal-Mart had a bunch of flags. They're not the window kind- just the kind stapled to a stick- but I'll just take it off the stick and zip tie it to my antenna. I got a 2-pack, so if you want the other one it's yours. They're 12" x 18".

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                  All you need is an SWR meter. Is this the Firestick with the adjustable tip?
                  Respectfully,
                  LG
                  Yes it is a 3 ft firestick. I might head over to 4west and pick up a swr meter. They are only $21 and some change. Thanks.

I am going to try My Walmart one more time for a flag. I will search the entire store if I have to ...
                  When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of!

Comment

"Roger" is the HMFIC for this run BTW.
                    Respectfully,
                    LG
                    Been a long time since I heared that term.Went to swap meet and picked up some flags(11x18").Only had three left,first call gets them.I'll bring them with me Wed.
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I'll be at letty's. Not sure if HMFIC is exactly the way I see myself!! Run Host Has a little less authoritian sound to it!

BTW, the weather will be in the 80's. November doesn't get any better than that!
                      Last edited by Roger; 11-07-09, 08:48 PM.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

GP4, save me a flag will you?
                        cowtown, There are 2 types of "Firestick's", that is with and without tuneable tips. You need to pull the rubber tip off and look. IF it's the tuneable style under the tip will be a brass screw and lock ring.
                        Hey Roger, how does "Cat Hearder" sound as you title then ?
                        Respectfully,
                        LG

Comment

:haha::wink::haha::wink::haha::wink::censor::smile ::hide:
                          John & Kristi

Comment

Where would be the best place to meet up with the group (sans breakfast) coming from 29 Palms(base)? The intersection of 18 & 247?

Mike

Comment

cowtown, There are 2 types of "Firestick's", that is with and without tuneable tips. You need to pull the rubber tip off and look. IF it's the tuneable style under the tip will be a brass screw and lock ring.
                              Sorry... it is a firestick 2 with a tunable tip. My bro said he thinks there might be a swr meter at my moms house. I will have to check it out.

Comment

Fly the Flag

I picked up a couple extra flags from Lowes and will be bringing em for anybody who needs them. Flag on a wood stick that can be taped to an antenna.
                                "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Working...
                                X