Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because he kept taking it off , we finally made him see the light minda like wear it, or walk.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Towing Thread
        That Nissan isn't big enough to flat tow your Jeep with. You're going to lose control and crash into a bus full of schoolchildren!
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

The little Nissan tows it just fine made it to Moab and back as well as Shaver Lake.
          Unless somebody wants to buy me a bigger truck the Nissan it is

Comment

before this get out of hand , this guy was trying to get out before i went up the rock he had his belt on just before it and i thought he jump out already i yelled at him when i noticed him thats when he jumped back in , these young new guys need to be watched all the time , like hundy and art said we put him back in line

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              The little Nissan tows it just fine made it to Moab and back as well as Shaver Lake.
              Unless somebody wants to buy me a bigger truck the Nissan it is
              Bigger trucks are cheap (in a relative sense). What is that Nissan worth? I bet you could trade up for very little (if nothing) out of pocket.

I just got a steal on a 1500 Ram quad cab with the 5.7L Hemi! I'm just getting it ready to tow. The hitch arrives today, then I still need 7-pin wiring, a brake controller, and maybe a re-gear to 3.92s (it's 3.55 right now).
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

The Nissan is the same size as a single cab full size pickup and has adequate brakes for towing. Could use a little more power ither than that it tows as good as any other truck I have ever used for towing. It's not my old crew cab dually but it's fine.

Comment

Sorry for starting this, Art. I'm sure it tows just fine, I just thought it was funny since if you've read the towing thread some folks make it seem like you need to buy one of Hundy's Deuce-and-a-halfs to flat tow a Jeep.
                  "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

No worries Justin, I used to tow all kinds a stuff with a little S10. I am not worried about it, some people talk the talk but do not walk the walk you know.
                    Makes for entertaining conversation at times though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xfiend View Post
                      That Nissan isn't big enough to flat tow your Jeep with. You're going to lose control and crash into a bus full of schoolchildren
                      Where is the popcorn to throw at him :confused:
                      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 10-14-09, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                        Bigger trucks are cheap (in a relative sense). What is that Nissan worth? I bet you could trade up for very little (if nothing) out of pocket.

I just got a steal on a 1500 Ram quad cab with the 5.7L Hemi! I'm just getting it ready to tow. The hitch arrives today, then I still need 7-pin wiring, a brake controller, and maybe a re-gear to 3.92s (it's 3.55 right now).
                        V8's are very cheap right now! The V6 and 4cyl are what has a high dollar on them. Your right. I also don't know why Dodge puts the 3:55 in the rears? Chevy did away with the 3:42 and went with the 3:73 which is a little better all around gear ration. But, at 345hp from your hemi, it makes the 3:55 not as noticable

No worries Justin, I used to tow all kinds a stuff with a little S10. I am not worried about it, some people talk the talk but do not walk the walk you know.
                        Makes for entertaining conversation at times though.
                        I have to agree with you Art. I only own a full size SUV. Actually, the last time I owned a mini truck I was in high school. At $3.75hr you get what you can afford. Personally, wouldn't own a mini truck. Doesn't fit into my lifestyle.
                        Last edited by Jeep4cern; 10-14-09, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Awesome photo Art! That would make an excellent background for a poster or magazine cover!
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

The credit goes to your name sake on the JK forum
                            The guy goes but the NWoods screen name

Comment

The credit goes to your name sake on the JK forum
                              The guy goes by the NWoods screen name
                              Wow that's weird. There really should only be one of me in this world. Seriously. Its best that way for all of us :-)
                              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

He actually goes by "WOODS"- He is Brett Woods from www.JeepSwag.com. He is one of my JK buddies.

There cannot be another nwoods!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X