Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Clawhammer and Sledge hammer Johnson valley

Mark, Fred, Steve, the Bash meister and me had a fun time wheeling today.
    Shant as usual really tried to break the f@cking car, but did a great job of maneuvering through clawhammer.
    Needed a couple of tugs, but other than that you did a great job wheeling, it amazes everybody that the darn thing never breaks during your feather footed treatment on these fire roads.
    At about 2.30 pm we decided that Sledgehammer might be a really fun way to waste the afternoon.
    Awesome fire road is all I can say was all kinds of fun.
    Rocks winching an axle that went snap, you name it we pretty much did it.
    Had a great time, well the other intrepid adventurers can add to it
    Here is a link to some pictures

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...edge%20hammer/

Anybody else please add more to it

Carnage toll for the day 1 u joint and stub shaft for a dana 44
    On mine the latch for the spare tire carrier got smashed and one of my towbar mounts bit the dust will have to fix that tomorrow so I can take my lil yeller home. Poor thing is spending the night in the Hundy compound
    Last edited by aw12345; 10-09-09, 09:40 AM.

Looks like fun, Art. Nice pics. I'll get out there some day.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

KickAss day at a KickAss place with some KickAss rigs and some very KickAss people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Everybody for a KickAss DAY!

WOW! I had a blast! We had alot of fun on Clawhammer, but SledgeHammer Kicks ClawHammer's A$$!!!

Comment

awesome time , great run Art ,bash you were lucky you left early.... and i'm starting to think V8's and front dana 44 dont play well together !!

Comment

Originally posted by bullysteve View Post
          awesome time , great run Art ,bash you were lucky you left early.... and i'm starting to think V8's and front dana 44 dont play well together !!
          After seeing clawhammer, I knew the sledge is NOT for me...thanks for the tugs though bro

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Mark, Fred, Steve, the Bash meister and me had a fun time wheeling today.
            Shant as usual really tried to break the f@cking car, but did a great job of maneuvering through clawhammer.
            Needed a couple of tugs, but other than that you did a great job wheeling, it amazes everybody that the darn thing never breaks during your feather footed treatment on these fire roads.
            At about 2.30 pm we decided that Sledgehammer might be a really fun way to waste the afternoon.
            Awesome fire road is all I can say was all kinds of fun.
            Rocks winching an axle that went snap, you name it we pretty much did it.
            Had a great time, well the other intrepid adventurers can add to it
            Here is a link to some pictures

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...edge%20hammer/

Anybody else please add more to it

Carnage toll for the day 1 u joint and stub shaft for a dana 44
            On mine the latch for the spare tire carrier got smashed and one of my towbar mounts bit the dust will have to fix that tomorrow so I can take my lil yeller home. Poor thing is spending the night in the Hundy compound
            Pictures came out real nice. Thanks for the run Art. I really had an efin blast. Definitely a challenging trail for 33" tires with open diffs. Sorry to hear about little yeller but I'm saure it was worth it. See you guys soon.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Great pix guys,
              Looks like you folks had a good time.
              Hey Bash, I've got 33' & open diffs, you're makin me think I can do clawhammer.....
              NOT!

THanks for sharing,

Scott

Comment

Shant, the jeep is fine drives like a charm, just the tow bar brackets got demolished so could not tow it home. Will fix them today or drive it home kinda hard to drive 2 vehicles at once. The trip was worth every minute of it

Comment

Looks like a great time. Steve maybe try some CTM joints.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Had a great time.Thanks Mark for the lead the new toy worked out real good.Might need to get a buggy for this stuff. Lots of fun.Here are my pics

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
                    You can make it

Comment

great pics fred , i was still trying to figure out why art wanted to club me with that broken axle hehehehe....next time i'll have you pull me out of the trail ....

Comment

Fred very nice pictures, Steve was just trying to chase the bully out of you lol. Kinda bad when a 4 popper has to drag a v8 of the trail lol maybe next time we pull 4 sparkplug wires of and see if it stays together.:bonk:

Comment

Lol ....

Comment

after pulling the front axle it looks like the ears snapped off the outer shaft .....then trashed the ctm u joint . does anyone know if someone makes a stronger outer shaft for a warn hub other then there own ....thats 2 in the last 4 trips out ?

Comment

Steve do a search for 30 spline stub shafts.
                              Also put helium in your right shoe

Comment

Working...
                              X