Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bull Frog - Day

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

That's it? That's your report on a run to BF? Come on man, I need more than that!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Scott playing with his winch

How a Jeep does a pull-up

Comment

My navigator (this trip was his reward for doing all his homework/school work and not getting in trouble in school)

I lost my navigator to Justin...he's a lil trator!

Comment

We met up with the rest of the crew at the Hwy 18 Valero in LV. From there we headed up to the trailhead. I had my lil' navigator (Collin) with me. It's not his first rodeo, but it was the first time he got to ride shotgun! It was an awesome, forearm bustin', rock scrapin', knee scrapin' (Collin), bumper slammin' day! Me and Collin had an awesome time. I did manage to get a lil body damage under the door as I scraped a rock going up an obstacle. I also managed to cut all the wires on the rear tire carrier (center break light, license plate light & CB antenna). I managed this by dragging my bumper and the wire bundle was pinched between the rock and bumper...oops... it took me until we aired up at the end to notice it...I did wonder why no one heard me and I only heard every other transmission.
          I cannot wait to see the pics of my jeep. It did things today that I didn't think it could do. I can honnestly say that a majority of my seat was lodged firmly 6" up my own tailpipe. More than likely this will be my last Jeep trip for a long time (since I will be deployed with the CA ANG) and it was awesome! From both me and Collin: Thanks guys A TON!
          Last edited by milpolicexj; 09-19-09, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            That's it? That's your report on a run to BF? Come on man, I need more than that!
            Sorry, I like to post 1 pic to make sure I am doing it right before I do ALL of them. It's very frustrating when you do all the pics then it does not work...I learned the hard way

Comment

Another fantastic day on the famed Bullfrog Trail that was originally laid out by Mike Koher. Today we had Josh and Collin
              (milpolicexj), Scott (Dezertdog), Scott (AVJeepfreek), Justin and his puking hungover buddy (TJ), Josh (Rubicon), Curtis (TJ), and Mitch (great88). We cruised to the trailhead and aired down and then hit the trail. I was very happy to see that all of the trail signs are still in place. At the first obstacle I went to sit down on a rock for a better camera angle and almost sat within 18" on a large Rattlesnake! This was my closest call to getting bit. The rest of the run was a ton of fun. For 4 of the group it was their first Bullfrog run.

Thank you Scott (Dezertdog) for setting up this run, and the relief from the heat in your swimming pool afterwards. Thank you to Curtis for patiently leading the group.

Mitch

Large unhappy Rattlesnake that I almost sat on.

Scott (AVJeepfreek)

Scott (Dezertdog)

Josh (Green Rubicon)

Curtis

Justin / Some how I only got 1 picture of you and it was where you bashed your rear bumper.

Josh and Collin (milpolicexj)

Great88

Last edited by Mitch; 09-19-09, 09:42 PM.

Comment

A couple of videos from my camera

Last edited by Mitch; 09-19-09, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Looks great and like a fun time. However, it looks like the guy driving the white Jeep (soft top) never had a seat belt on...can't be 100% sure but we all know how quickly things can go wrong! If you weren't wearing a seat belt, please buckle up from now on...we'd hate to lose another Jeeper!! Anyone else wheeling with people not wearing seat belts, please step up and remind them. It has saved my brothers bacon twice now!!

Comment

Mitch, shoulda came out at night way more fun in the dark.
                    Wehad a great group and a wonderfull time playing in the dark

Comment

Art,

I'm sure that you guy's had a great time with the night run, but I do much better being able to see the obstacles in the light of day!. I bet the temps were perfect.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                        Looks great and like a fun time. However, it looks like the guy driving the white Jeep (soft top) never had a seat belt on...can't be 100% sure but we all know how quickly things can go wrong! If you weren't wearing a seat belt, please buckle up from now on...we'd hate to lose another Jeeper!! Anyone else wheeling with people not wearing seat belts, please step up and remind them. It has saved my brothers bacon twice now!!
                        You are so right Julie! ...... and so you all know, I DID have it on...I don't ever wheel without it. My Jeep is only equipped with lap belts and they get used every time my Jeep is in motion.

She's right.... If you see someone thats not wearing a seat belt while Jeeping say something to them!!!

Scott
                        Last edited by avjeepfreek; 09-20-09, 10:39 AM.
                        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

More Pic's

Here are a few more Pic's from my camera.

Comment

I had a great time today! Thanks to all... and to Scott for setting this up and Curtis for leading us!

A great bunch to wheel with!

~Scott

Comment

Mitch and Scott you guys shot some very nice pics.
                              Must be nice to have this awesome playground in your backyard

Comment

Working...
                              X