This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rattlesnake w/ a Bite

[COLOR="Blue"]I've been wanting to do a couple of the Difficult trails in the Rattlesnake area. There's a new un-named canyon in the Johnson area. It's short but I think worth running. We may go up it, then back down, depending.

From there heading over to Mottino Wash, via New Dixie or Rattlesnake Cyn. Maybe for a change, go down the wash, which might lessen the difficulty rating a little....I think.

Minimun requirements: 33's and lockers.

Meet at Camp Rock Rd & Hwy 247.
    Sat 9:30 a.m.
    CB channel 25[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-07-09, 09:36 PM.

You can count me in!!!
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Mike,

PM sent. No Mottino for me but the JV / Rattlesnake stuff is cool. Should be a fun day.

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]No problem, we'll probably head up Rattlesnake from the JV area.
        mk[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm in!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            I'm in!

Mitch
            [COLOR="Blue"]Mitch are you going to run Mottino. If not I'll need a spotter & photographer. I never get any pictures of my Jeep. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
              [COLOR=blue]Mitch are you going to run Mottino. If not I'll need a spotter & photographer. I never get any pictures of my Jeep. [/COLOR]
              There you go Mitch! Professional rock crawler spotter/photographer. Who could ask for more?
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I hate my new schedule.:mad: Wish I could join you guys. Take a lot of pictures.

Now that Mitch is working I think he should do this run.:devil:
                Check out .

Comment

Don't feel bad Chuck, I'm working this weekend too........ Bummer!
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]For those that haven't run Mottino, I don't consider it a "hard core" trail like the Hammers. But it is a substantial challenge for the street/trail vehicle.

Some of the footage of tough obstacles in Mike's great video are optional lines. The main line is doable...at least it was the last time I went through.

For those going be ready for a cool trail with some strong 4 wheelin.[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Here's a link to the last time through.[/COLOR]

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Comment

Mike,

Not a "hard core" trail. LMAO........Thats a good one! Here's a picture of Mike looking for one of those "street/trail" Jeep easy lines!

Mitch

Comment

Mitch,
                          Stop already! You know you want to drive that trail. It's a cake walk for you man!

Comment

I think I might be able to make this run. If work doesn't reach out and touch me I'll meet ya'll at Camp rock.

Comment

Yeah Kurt,

I do want to cruise a little further next time my Jeep is there! Right now I'm still waiting for the upper rod bearings which now look like a thurday delivery. So if Ken my mechanic can slap them in on thursday pm, seal up my oil pan, replace tranny and engine juices, and get some miles on it by saturday, I'll be there. If not it's the passenger seat with the camera in Curtis' Jeep.

Kurt, hope to see you there.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X