Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
    Thanks Dennis! You should have come. Your shoulder should be good now I assume?
    Wish we could have but my oldest had his 1'st (pre-season)football game Sat. morn.My shoulder feels great and am allmost done with PT and hope to be full time at work again soon,my checks really suck.Maybe next time
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
      Sean sorry for your luck Buddy,glad to hear you and Scott made it home in time to play in the surf
      Death in the desert might be an appropriate title for the trip home (or how my arm is hotter outside the window vs. inside). Are you cleared for wheelin yet? If you guys want to come down for a weekend let me know. hope everything is going well up your way!

Ron: How did you lunch your spiders? Remember no more than 45-55 mph at the transfer case. ( this may be the saving grace of still running 3.07 gears, and 33" tires) and how were the trails where 4wd neccesary with FWD? I guess this is as close as it will come to doing front diggs for awhile
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
        Death in the desert might be an appropriate title for the trip home (or how my arm is hotter outside the window vs. inside). Are you cleared for wheelin yet? If you guys want to come down for a weekend let me know. hope everything is going well up your way!
        Sean,I'm cleared for 20# right now and have been lifting dum-bells every night.I hope to be off light duty soon.When I start getting my reg. pay I can get some of the repairs done on my Jeep and will look forward to a trip your way.
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Sean di you keep whiping out the center ball on your rear cv shaft? if so jack the back up by the bumper or body till the rear wheels come of the ground, then spin the rear driveshaft if it binds when you turn it that is what causes the centering ball and its cup to self destruct means you need limit straps or shorter shocks to keep the driveshaft from self destructing

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post

Ron: How did you lunch your spiders? Remember no more than 45-55 mph at the transfer case. ( this may be the saving grace of still running 3.07 gears, and 33" tires) and how were the trails where 4wd neccesary with FWD? I guess this is as close as it will come to doing front diggs for awhile
            That was my first run. Went over a rock or attempted. lol. Rear spiders went.

I couldn't remember the speed. I didn't know we were going down a highway after we stopped. I think the avg speed was 45-55mph. I thought, which I didn't go that fast was 65mph. Glad I didn't get up to that

I now have 4:10 axles ('89 axles on a '93 Jeep). Much better.

There were two spots I think you would need it. I left it in 4hi the whole time. But, two spots there were some rocks and you had to climb a hill. It was a little rocky. I am sure some left it in 2wd. But, some of the new guys would have to use 4wd I think. Great trail, had a blast though. Right up my alley.
            Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-31-09, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Drive line 101

Sean Here is a link to some helpfull info on drive lines.
              http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...line-101.shtml
              George

Comment

Ok, I will put my pics over here now...

By far, the best looking XJ on the trail!

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Comment

Thats just because we didn't make it! :hide:
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                    Sean,I'm cleared for 20# right now and have been lifting dum-bells every night.I hope to be off light duty soon.When I start getting my reg. pay I can get some of the repairs done on my Jeep and will look forward to a trip your way.
                    Glad to hear your recovering! If you need a hand doing heavy lifting on your jeep just give a holler. I know some young guys that think they are invincible that would be happy to lend a hand.

Art: The rear on my rig is leaf sprung. Maybe you thought i was 4 linked all around? Maybe im just wrong, never heard of a leaf suspension that needed limiting straps is all.

TDS SD: Hey man thanks for the link, one of the videos, helped me visualise something ive been trying to understand for awhile. If i cant see it in my mind, its PFM to me. Pure Freakin Magic!

Talked to the driveline shop today. I dunno what it is, but if the shop dog is named JEEP then the owners are usually legit. Told me my problems were from "borderline excessive lift" And i need to grease the centering ball every 5k or so.

So to you guysw i look up to. Do you pull the shaft every oil change or so to grease it? I was thinking of cutting a service plate in the floor to make this possible.

Both front and rear have pinion angles that look right. The rear suspension is a bit stinkbug, but the perches were rotated at the time the new springs were installed. Am i just asking for my front shaft to give up the ghost by askings so many questions?

:beer:
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

The white YJ was the best looking and it showed by the most photo opts :hide:

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        Thats just because we didn't make it! :hide:
                        Shh pinky, although failing to make the trail run, we did manage to aquire the secret weapon, and thankfully for this trip, it wasnt death wobble

Comment

Sean try to let the axle dangle and see if it binds, its the most common reason that centering ball fails.
                          Greasing will not eliminate that. It's a good idea to to lube it twice a year but if all is well it should not fail repeatedly and prematurely. Also it is not that hard to change, you can get the centering ball from napa or a driveline shop

Comment

Working...
                          X