• Trail Report: Big Bear Run 2N93, 1N45, 1N54, 2N10

Here's the members who ran today:

Ron - Jeep4cern, Dawn & their son
    Matt - Matt2001TJ
    Josh - milpolicexj
    George - TDS SD
    Curtis
    Roger
    OU812 had mechanical troubles and had to bail. We're sure sorry Scott.

The Desert members met at the ususal Valero Station in Lucerne Valley. We Joined up with the other members at Hwy 38 & 2N93.

We had a very nice easy going run under the leadership of Curtis who took the lead.

We ate lunch on the bank of the Santa Ana River near 7 Oaks. What a beautiful spot. I can't resist mentioning that a few members today did not purchase Adventure Passes (tax) for today and had a vist from a ranger.

The off-camber section of Clark's Grade has been graded so it is much better.

On 2N10 we came across a lone mountain biker with a flat tire. We of course would not leave him stranded so we loaded his bike and finished our run dow to Hwy 18. Needlees to say he was very grateful. I did have a talk with him about not being prepared. I think he learned his lesson.

Should mention kudos to Matt for stopping to pick up trash on the trail. You da man Matt!

I forgot a camera but the other guys said they would post pictures.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

PIC'S ! LOL.Wish we could have made it out,Sounds like fun times for eveyone and another good rescue by MJR,maybe next time.
    Dennis
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

As soon as Dawn downloads the pics we will post them

I did have my pass Always have it in my wallet (lifetime pass).

Overall, we had an awsome time. Great people, nice trail. No compalints at all.

Thanks to Roger and Curtis who lead the trail and put this all together.

Thanks to Scott (AVJeepFreak) for helping with the body lift. I had no rubbing on the trails.

Well meet Josh at Walgreens at 7:30am. Grabbed some ice and we were off (7:45am). We got to Valero at 8:15am. Jeep ran at 185* down Highway 18! Pulled in and got gas. Then went across the street and got some breakfast while everyone arrived. We left at 8:45am and we were off. Jeep ran well. No one had issues (the whole trip actually). Meet up with everyone and we waited for Scott. A few tried ont he CB to contact him but no luck. I was asked if I had his number and I did. So I called and he said he had issues with the trans and was headed home. So, we all finished airing down and we were off. Great trails. No complaints. Has a blast. Had lunch by the water. Ranger came by and a few got $5 "tickets" or day passes depends on how you look at it. We loaded up and were off again. We picked up someone on a bike. Well Roger did. He had two flats. His pack he came with left him. He had no water for a few miles he said. Roger loaded him up, I gave him some fluids from our ice chest and back down the mountain we went. We ended up in Big Bear, air back up (thanks sweetie for buying it) I had my own compressor (Habor Freight). Worked well. Did all four tires (then over heated). But, I was done.

Everyone was great. We had great conversation at lunch and on the cb's. Even a few old jokes that dated a few of us.

Overall, awsome trip! I would rate the trail(s) we went on a 2-jeep (1-jeep is no rocks a dirt road and 5-jeep extreme). Not a one as I think a 4x2 would struggle in some areas. That's just from my point of view. 4x4 was needed.

Ron, Dawn & Ethan.
      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-30-09, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Had a great time today. nice meeting everyone and being in the cool mountain air today.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Sean and I made it back home in his XJ. We had an unrepairable driveshaft so we made the 100 mile drive back to Oceanside on the front axle only. It was so hot comming home the first thing we did when we got home was grab our surfboards. We paddled out till the sun went down. Well catch up with you guys next run.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Sean and I made it back home in his XJ. We had an unrepairable driveshaft so we made the 100 mile drive back to Oceanside on the front axle only. It was so hot comming home the first thing we did when we got home was grab our surfboards. We paddled out till the sun went down. Well catch up with you guys next run.
            Glad you made it back! We waited for you. Then someone asked if anyone had your number, and I did. So, I called.

Comment

trail pics

Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Had a great time today. nice meeting everyone and being in the cool mountain air today.
              Me too,... had a great time . It was good to wheel with you guys. Here are some pics from the trail.

[img
              Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 08-30-09, 07:39 AM.
              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

And our new friend Ranger Chon
                Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 08-30-09, 07:39 AM.
                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

My little quality control! Jeeper in training.

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-30-09, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Sorry Ron,

But "All" of us is a wrong statement. Some of us had Aventure Passes (tax) with us!
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                      [

Well meet Josh at Walgreens at 7:30am. Grabbed some ice and we were off (7:45am). We got to Valero at 8:15am. Jeep ran at 185* down Highway 18!

Ron, Dawn & Ethan.

Ron, Bad timing on my part, i actually even brought that hook for you this time. Were you packing the grill with ice? :beer:

Yeah thankfully it wasnt the tranny, but it is strange having a front wheel drive jeep. Cold anyone tell me why ive killed 2 centering kits on the rear, but the front 14 year old stock driveshaft has never been a problem?
                      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Sorry Ron,

But "All" of us is a wrong statement. Some of us had Aventure Passes (tax) with us!
                        Where did I say that? I looked. If I made a mistake I'll edit it. What is AP (tax) mean?

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                          Ron, Bad timing on my part, i actually even brought that hook for you this time. Were you packing the grill with ice? :beer:

Yeah thankfully it wasnt the tranny, but it is strange having a front wheel drive jeep. Cold anyone tell me why ive killed 2 centering kits on the rear, but the front 14 year old stock driveshaft has never been a problem?
                          Thanks for the thought. HAHA! The first run we did when the rear spider gears went we had to finish with the front axle only. Know the feeling
                          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-30-09, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern
                            He hit pay dirt when he saw some of our jeeps there without day passes. $5 x ?
                            Fixed it for ya Ron .I don't know about Roger,but I feel that every fee I pay is just a Tax by a another name.
                            Looks like a great day for ya all out there,thanks for the pic's and report.
                            Sean sorry for your luck Buddy,glad to hear you and Scott made it home in time to play in the surf
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                              Fixed it for ya Ron .I don't know about Roger,but I feel that every fee I pay is just a Tax by a another name.
                              Looks like a great day for ya all out there,thanks for the pic's and report.
                              Sean sorry for your luck Buddy,glad to hear you and Scott made it home in time to play in the surf
                              Thanks Dennis! You should have come. Your shoulder should be good now I assume?

Comment

Working...
                              X