Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Scott!

Ill wait for Roger to post. I am not sure where it is. Once I find out well post a time. Morning sounds good.

Comment

Sat Run

Ron, Scott and anyone else.Seems like we got a couple of things going. I ploted a trail on the south side of the lake. Starts at HWY 18 and Thrush Dr. N 34 deg.14.601' W 116 deg.53.538'.
      Ends at Highland ave. and Hwy 330. Mostly fire roads. Meet at 9:30 AM on Sat. 28 Aug. I'm up for anything except something that involves walking.

Then there is the group running John Bull and I think there is another group hikeing to a swimming hole.
      Need some feedback
      George

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
        Ron, Scott and anyone else.Seems like we got a couple of things going. I ploted a trail on the south side of the lake. Starts at HWY 18 and Thrush Dr. N 34 deg.14.601' W 116 deg.53.538'.
        Ends at Highland ave. and Hwy 330. Mostly fire roads. Meet at 9:30 AM on Sat. 28 Aug. I'm up for anything except something that involves walking.

Then there is the group running John Bull and I think there is another group hikeing to a swimming hole.
        Need some feedback
        George
        If it's cool and there is fire roads. I am good. Where is HWY 18 and Thrush Dr? Is that past the Valero? Or? Meeting at? I don't have GPS, so road signs is how I get there or I follow lol

Comment

TDS SD I would check those trails with FS I think the gates are locked
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Trails

Couldn't find anything on their website. Will call tomorrow.
            Ron,Scott meeting place is on HWY 18 on the South Side of Big Bear Lake just after you enter the Town/City of Big Bear Lake (Traveling from the dam heading East). If you get to the 90 degree bend in the road you went too far.
            Last edited by TDS SD; 08-27-09, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
              Couldn't find anything on their website. Will call tomorrow.
              Ron,Scott meeting place is on HWY 18 on the South Side of Big Bear Lake just after you enter the Town/City of Big Bear Lake (Traveling from the dam heading East). If you get to the 90 degree bend in the road you went too far.
              From Hesperia. We will come in the back side. We would hit HWY 18 by the air port first. Your on the otherside by the dam?

Comment

Ron, Curtis, TDS, OU812,

I like Curtis's suggestion. There's just a short section of HWY that we will have to get back on. Curtis knows the area very well so I nominate him as trail boss. I think we should go with that.

Those coming from the desert side meeting place should be Valero In Lucerne Valley. Let's meet at 8:30 and be ready to roll out by 8:45

Those coming from the other side, we'll meet you at the upper end of 2N93 at 9:30.

CB Ch04 okay with everyone? TDS, I'll monitor the BB repeater.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Ron, Curtis, TDS, OU812,

I like Curtis's suggestion. There's just a short section of HWY that we will have to get back on. Curtis knows the area very well so I nominate him as trail boss. I think we should go with that.

Those coming from the desert side meeting place should be Valero In Lucerne Valley. Let's meet at 8:30 and be ready to roll out by 8:45

Those coming from the other side, we'll meet you at the upper end of 2N93 at 9:30.

CB Ch04 okay with everyone? TDS, I'll monitor the BB repeater.

Thanks Roger. Sounds good to me.

Ron

Comment

Sat

I think we have things straightened out. I will meet at the trail head just past Erwin Lake at 9:30.
                    George

Comment

Ok guys trail head (2N93) at 9:30 AM. This run will take you to downtown big bear. Great views, water for the kids, and show you some side trails when you are ready for them.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Okay,

It sounds like we have it settled:

Those coming from the desert side: Meet at the Valero Station in Lucerne Valley at 8:30 and be ready to roll out at 8:45 sharp.

Those coming from the other side we'll meet at 2N93 trail head at 9:30

CB Channel 04

2m Ham: Big Bear Repeater if any trouble (My call sign is n6ujm)

This area requires the purchase of an Adventure pass (Read Tax) FYI THe LV Market sells them.

Ron - Just so you know, Clark's grade has the one little area of off-camber, but it's not bad. At least it wasn't last November.

All in favor of the above - say Aye
                        Last edited by Roger; 08-27-09, 08:37 PM. Reason: Adventure Pass FYI
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger it's been graded this year.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            Roger it's been graded this year.
                            Dang! I kinda liked the little off-camber section! Hey maybe Mitch will come now!
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Can't wait. Seems like there is alwayse just a few more things I need to fix before a trail run. It will be nice to be in big bear this weekend because it is going to be HOT!
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Cool! Were looking forward to it :geek::gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X