Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Fred and me did this 1n37 a few weeks ago is very scenic, as for the wash its fun, a little hard on the equipment but a load of fun
    Last edited by aw12345; 08-27-09, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Great report guys, Thanks.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Mike,

What a awesome way to spend your birthday! The weather could not have been better with temps around 80' and the deepest blue sky. I've been doing the same run over and over it seems for several weeks because there is so much to see and so many people have wanted to see those things. But this trip was really cool to go out in an area that I've never been to. The "Front" range is so different than the desert side I'm used to. The Hart Bar area was great with 1N37 being very similar to a Heartbreak Ridge type trail. Probably more of a solid Blue Square.

1N37

We enjoyed roaming and checking side trails and the headed to Onyx Peak. What a view! We could see most of 2N02 in the distance, and well beyond to Lucerne Dry Lake and all the way over to the Hammers.

Next we traveled 2N01 from Hwy 38 to 2N02 The changing scenery on the way was great, from Forest, to Chapparel, to High Desert with Joshua Trees. We headed east to run some of Mottino Wash. I stayed in the lead and was struggling and finally got stuck. After a strap from Mike I realized that I was in 2wheel high. A little shift of the lever and I was putting along again. I went a short distance and parked before the big stuff. Mike made it look easier that it was. This trail does have some big rocks and some rather tight spots. 35's and a front locker would make life much happier here. Mike crawled forward till we ran out of time and then flipped a "U" and we headed back out. A neat, tough trail.

Mottino Wash

As we headed back we took a side trail to and old mining spot that I've only seen at a distance. There is evidence of gold working from years gone by. Lots to look at and to ponder.

4x4's in the ground where the chutes ran down hill

One last stop to show Mike the old Smelter. This is an amazing piece of work. What a life 120 years ago as a miner!

Last edited by Mitch; 08-27-09, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Great pics! Thanks.

Comment

Touche' you dirty so-n-so...
            Looks like Mottino could be fun. I'll have to try it in 2 HI though... Mitch!

Happy birthday again my freind.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Here's a teaser till the report. And if your name is mentioned in this clip, it's because we missed you.

Mitch, Ha ha funny man... I wish we were there for sure. Mike favorite saying :a bad day wheeling beats a great day working.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Great vids and pics guys!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks like a great run, I almost made it, but didn't want to take the JK on Mottino.

But you missed three other black diamond trails in the San Gorgonio area - Heartbar peak, 9300ft No Name Peak and the connector between 1n01 and 1no2. We'll have to check those out sometime. No Name Peak is like a 3 mile long mini Rubicon trail.

Hmmmm...maybe we should do these sometime. Anyone have a day off during the week??

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike K,

I saw the connector for 1N01 @ 2N01. A little looser and steeper than I like. HartBar Peak. Too steep and all loose shale. I save those for the brave one's in the group.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch, we are going to get you to live on the edge just a little. Nothing wrong with a little excitement now and then

Comment

I've been on Heart Bar Peak and the connector trails. Where is the No Name Peak?
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike I know The other two you mention,but what is no name peak off of?
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]It's a lesser known trail that goes from Onyx Summit over to Wild Horse springs meadow 2n92. [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Mike, is that just past the big tree on the left (LOL).

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
                                Originally posted by curtis View Post
                                Thanks Mike, is that just past the big tree on the left (LOL).
                                Actually it's to the right of the big tree.

Route finding is a little tricky, but it is a pretty difficult trail. It starts on the west side of hwy 38.

Comment

Working...
                                X