• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
    I like to sleep in so no rush STUCK what you talkinabout
    Are you guys coming up Friday night?

BTW, your PM box is full.
    95 YJ
    2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian22 View Post
      Trailhead would be a better place to meet, around 9:30 or 10 if that works for you. CB channel 22. I'll PM you my cell.
      Ok, we'll leave before 7, that should get us up there around 9:00ish, we'll fill up and make our way to the trailhead. I've never run John Bull. I've seen a lot of videos and pictures of the trail, it doesn't look THAT difficult. I've got a 4" lift, 33" tires, and an Aussie locker up front. Stock D35 in the rear still. Though even if it's just us, there will no doubt be others on the trail, so I'm not too worried.

Comment

There's always people at John Bull. If you went up there alone, all you'd have to do is wait a few minutes for another group to show up and then wheel with them. That's for when you're desperate!
        WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

I'll do a run with you all on Sat Sebastian. I guess i'll meet at the trail head around 930ish as well. Channel #22 right?

Originally posted by jkcrazyjim2 View Post
          There's always people at John Bull. If you went up there alone, all you'd have to do is wait a few minutes for another group to show up and then wheel with them. That's for when you're desperate!
          Last edited by Drewminator; 08-27-09, 06:50 PM.
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

Cool! Looks like it will be a pretty good group.

Sebastian22
            SantaAnaSlim
            Drewminator
            Jimmyrig
            Rudy
            Steve (if he finishes his lift)

CB Channel 22
            Meet at the trailhead around 9:30 - 10am

Drewminator I will PM you my cell in case you need to call me

If anyone cant make it for any reason, please let me know via cell phone, Im bailing out of work around noon, so I wont be checking any PM's.
            95 YJ
            2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Cool! Looks like it will be a pretty good group.

Sebastian22
              SantaAnaSlim
              Drewminator
              Jimmyrig
              Rudy
              Steve (if he finishes his lift)

CB Channel 22
              Meet at the trailhead around 9:30 - 10am

Drewminator I will PM you my cell in case you need to call me

If anyone cant make it for any reason, please let me know via cell phone, Im bailing out of work around noon, so I wont be checking any PM's.
              It shouldn't be TOO hot tomorrow, but make sure everyone brings plenty of drinking water. Is the plan to run John Bull and then bail? We like to GeoCache, so we'll probably run around afterwards and hit up some caches.

Comment

No sure, maybe we can hit up something else when were done if we still have lots of time. I think we will play it by ear.

X2 on the water.
                95 YJ

Comment

Hey Sebastian,

I got your PM.

Thanks-

No sure, maybe we can hit up something else when were done if we still have lots of time. I think we will play it by ear.

X2 on the water.
                  Drew
                  95yj Six Pack

Comment

Well, apparently we weren't meeting at the East trailhead that all my maps show as the trailhead. I was waiting around there at 9:30 and when 10:00 rolled around and no on was there, I figured you must have met at the other end. No response on channel 22, but that's probably because I only have a handheld, so the range isn't very good. Cell phones don't work up there, so I flew to the other end and was there by 10:15, but you guys must have already left. I figured there'd be tons of people there. I didn't see a single vehicle at either end. I was shocked...

Comment

Sorry we all missed each other. We got to the trailhead that my SoCal book says is supposed to be the trail head and called out on the radio but never heard anything. We waited until around 10:45 and then headed out. We passed another sign that looked like a trail head, and called out a couple more times on the radio but still heard nothing. Sorry again guys.
                      95 YJ

Comment

Sorry we all missed each other. We got to the trailhead that my SoCal book says is supposed to be the trail head and called out on the radio but never heard anything. We waited until around 10:45 and then headed out. We passed another sign that looked like a trail head, and called out a couple more times on the radio but still heard nothing. Sorry again guys.
                        Did you start at the EAST end? I think I kind of started the first leg of it on my own. The trail marked TO JOHN BULL, I think it was the first section of 3n10. It was rated difficult and it had some pretty gnarly boulders, but nothing I couldnt handle. I then ended up at a nice opening where the trail clearly said JOHN BULL TRAIL 3N10. Though I didnt want to go on without everyone. Though I did learn one thing this weekend. It's time to upgrade to a TJ. I love my YJ, but with the leaf springs, no AC and a really shitty radio, it make for a rough 2 hour drive from Big Bear back to Santa Ana via San Bernardino @ 110 degrees.... Anyone selling a TJ with AC?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
                          Did you start at the EAST end? I think I kind of started the first leg of it on my own. The trail marked TO JOHN BULL, I think it was the first section of 3n10. It was rated difficult and it had some pretty gnarly boulders, but nothing I couldnt handle. I then ended up at a nice opening where the trail clearly said JOHN BULL TRAIL 3N10. Though I didnt want to go on without everyone. Though I did learn one thing this weekend. It's time to upgrade to a TJ. I love my YJ, but with the leaf springs, no AC and a really shitty radio, it make for a rough 2 hour drive from Big Bear back to Santa Ana via San Bernardino @ 110 degrees.... Anyone selling a TJ with AC?
                          Yeah, our book took us to a sign that said "To John Bull 3n10". We waited there until about 10:45 and didnt see a soul. Called out and heard nothing. Headed out and saw another sign that said John Bull. We figured where we were at was the beginning of the trail. Now we know the area a little better so it should be easier for future runs. Definitely too hot to drive through San Bernardino and Riverside in the middle of the day with no A/C.
                          95 YJ

Comment

Yeah, our book took us to a sign that said "To John Bull 3n10". We waited there until about 10:45 and didnt see a soul. Called out and heard nothing. Headed out and saw another sign that said John Bull. We figured where we were at was the beginning of the trail. Now we know the area a little better so it should be easier for future runs. Definitely too hot to drive through San Bernardino and Riverside in the middle of the day with no A/C.
                            So did you run the trail alone?

Comment

I ran it with 2 other jeeps, Jimmy and Rudy who met us at the campsite Friday night. Im guessing what happened was you were waiting at the John Bull marker while we were waiting at the TO John Bull marker. When we got to Gatekeeper we saw a guy in a burgundy CJ just hanging out and we asked him if he'd seen a white YJ pass through and he thought he had.
                              95 YJ

Comment

Working...
                              X