Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: John Bull run Satruday 8/29

I will be running John Bull Saturday morning around 8 or 9am. I will be camping up there Friday night, so if anyone wants to meet up at the trailhead let me know.

This will be my first time running this trail, I hear it's somewhat difficult but should be lots of fun.
    95 YJ
    2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Seb- I will be running another trail this day- but wanted to tell you that JB will be alot of fun and challenging on 33"s. You can do it no problem, but it wont be a cakewalk- do you have another vehicle with you?
    We were just up there the other nite and the trail is in good wheelin' condition!

Have fun!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a little worried about running it alone. Hopefully someone here will want to join me, or maybe I can find a group out there and see if they dont mind me tagging along. If I cant find anyone I will probably just run Gold Mountain....AGAIN.
      95 YJ
      2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian22 View Post
        Thanks for the heads up. I'm a little worried about running it alone. Hopefully someone here will want to join me, or maybe I can find a group out there and see if they dont mind me tagging along. If I cant find anyone I will probably just run Gold Mountain....AGAIN.
        There's another group running from Arrowhead Saturday and hitting John Bull Sunday morning, since you'll be in camping anyway, why not just go along with them.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15260

Comment

Sebastian, I have seen your diving skill and I HIGHLY suggest you do not go to John Bull alone. I am worried about Charlies safety... You should just throw in the towel and float the river with us
          Head nut at Outdoorlogic
          Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
          www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I would much rather hit the trail first thing in the morning, but I will consider joining the other group. Thanks for the info.
            95 YJ

Comment

Standby we may just change plans
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
                Sebastian, I have seen your diving skill and I HIGHLY suggest you do not go to John Bull alone. I am worried about Charlies safety... You should just throw in the towel and float the river with us

HAHA! I managed to follow your clunker everywhere its gone so shut the hell up! (except for that time I got stuck in 6" of snow.)

Floating in a river is lame, lets go wheeling.
                95 YJ

Comment

HAHA! I managed to follow your clunker everywhere its gone so shut the hell up! (except for that time I got stuck in 6" of snow.)

Floating in a river is lame, lets go wheeling.
                  I was orginally going to run with that other group and camp out, but we can't do the camping part and I'd like to run John bull. You still looking for a wing man?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
                    I was orginally going to run with that other group and camp out, but we can't do the camping part and I'd like to run John bull. You still looking for a wing man?
                    Sure thing man! I wanna run the trail as early as possible but we can decide what time works best for everyone. Hopefully Jimmy and the guys can make it so we can brag about pulling them out when they get stuck.
                    95 YJ

Comment

Sure thing man! I wanna run the trail as early as possible but we can decide what time works best for everyone. Hopefully Jimmy and the guys can make it so we can brag about pulling them out when they get stuck.
                      You're camping up there Friday night? Is that just to run the trail early? We're in Santa Ana, right around the corner from you. If you want to just leave early Saturday morning, I'm an early riser, we can caravan up. I hate wheeling with all my camping stuff in the bed anyway

Comment

Me and my buddy are driving up there Friday around noon to save some campsites at Holcomb Valley Campground. Our ladies and a couple of their friends are meeting us up there later Friday night. I dont mind waiting longer to give you some time to drop your camping stuff off at your site. I've heard the trail gets crowded, so the earlier the better, but no real rush.
                        95 YJ

Comment

Not so early okay

I like to sleep in so no rush STUCK what you talkinabout
                          Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Me and my buddy are driving up there Friday around noon to save some campsites at Holcomb Valley Campground. Our ladies and a couple of their friends are meeting us up there later Friday night. I dont mind waiting longer to give you some time to drop your camping stuff off at your site. I've heard the trail gets crowded, so the earlier the better, but no real rush.
                            We're not going to camp we'll just drive up Saturday morning and meet you somewhere. You wanna meet at the trailhead? or at your campsite?

Comment

Trailhead would be a better place to meet, around 9:30 or 10 if that works for you. CB channel 22. I'll PM you my cell.
                              95 YJ

Comment

Working...
                              X