Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    Are you coming out to play Mitch? :thumbs_up
    [COLOR="Blue"]I think Mitch is going to lead us through Mottino to warm up. If not I'll recruit him as a spotter/photographer.
    mk[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-08-09, 08:42 PM.

Comment

What trail is everyone planning on running. Stuart, Kurt and I will be on Sunbonnet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
        What trail is everyone planning on running. Stuart, Kurt and I will be on Sunbonnet this year.

Ill be running the easier trails like fisher mt. and new trail. Only have a rear locker so can't run the 4 rated trails, unless they let me. lol.

When are you guys planning on getting there?
        YJ Stock
        BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal4X View Post
          Ill be running the easier trails like fisher mt. and new trail. Only have a rear locker so can't run the 4 rated trails, unless they let me. lol.

When are you guys planning on getting there?
          We'll be there Friday morning and will run either Wrecking Ball or Outer Limits. Sometime Friday evening we'll be at Back Door. We usually camp on the west side of Boone Road by the event. Stop on by.

Comment

The more I think about this, the more I think that this event might not be for me since the trails seem too difficult for my current set up.

Are the 2 or 3 trails I can run worth going? Any feedback is appreciated.
            Last edited by SoCal4X; 09-09-09, 10:23 AM.
            YJ Stock
            BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

What do you guys think?
              Sorry?

Comment

The more I think about this, the more I think that this event might not be for me since the trails seem too difficult for my current set up.

YJ Stock
                BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

With 1 locker and a good driver there are 3 maybe 4 trails to run. As for your questions above what kind of wheeling do you want to do? There is trails out there that are more for the view or if you want a challenge there are a few you can get thru (maybe on a strap at times).
                  Hope to see you there
                  Tony
                  Its no fun without family

Comment

If this is your first time at JV, run Fissure Mountain. Your Jeep shouldn't have any trouble with the trail and you'll have a chance to see JV and wheel with others with similar Jeeps. The BBQ and raffle are fun, (although Kurt always wins everything).

Comment

Originally posted by tool pimp View Post
                      With 1 locker and a good driver there are 3 maybe 4 trails to run. As for your questions above what kind of wheeling do you want to do? There is trails out there that are more for the view or if you want a challenge there are a few you can get thru (maybe on a strap at times).
                      Hope to see you there
                      Tony
                      I'll be there. I will probably tow my rig on a trailer since I don't want to worry about it getting me home if something happens. What would be the fourth trail you reccommend?

Looks like I'll have my strap ready.
                      YJ Stock
                      BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

I'll be there. I will probably tow my rig on a trailer since I don't want to worry about it getting me home if something happens. What would be the fourth trail you reccommend?

During our event, specifically Saturday, there are only 3 trails you can run with one locker(and we are very strict on this): Fissure Mtn, Rattlesnake and "New Trail". Don't count on Rattlesnake even happening.

Mike, Trailmaster FID XVIII

Comment

There is plenty of exploring to do out there. Fissure, though I've never run it is said to be a fun trail. BUt there are dry lake beds, miles of bunny trails, small hill climbs, all kinds of stuff. Come on out, you'll really enjoy it. VV puts on a real nice event.
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt will never live this down. It will forever be thrown out there when ever JV is brought up, LOL!
                            :shout:

If this is your first time at JV, run Fissure Mountain. Your Jeep shouldn't have any trouble with the trail and you'll have a chance to see JV and wheel with others with similar Jeeps. The BBQ and raffle are fun, (although Kurt always wins everything).
                            Drew
                            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Jorge,

Your Jeep should be fine for Fissure, Rattlesnake, and the "new" trail. Fissure has a medium rocky section, and some awesome hill top views. Rattlesnake is mainly sand wash with a lot of extra credit lines. The "new" trail has a big variety of things, a short medium crawler canyon, and lots of special sites along the way. Go out and have fun!

Mitch

Comment

We bring stock Land Rovers through Rattlesnake all the time. It's a nice trail, and very very very doable with 32" tires and no locker. Just bring an air compressor to air your tires back up on the far end.

Here are a few photo galleries of Rattlesnake:
                                - http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Land-Rover...66358415_pk2gx
                                - http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adven...97373112_HbbPT

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                                X