Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Great pictures guys. I'm with brokenujoint, I'm moving to Colorado. That place is Beautiful

I really like Bridal Veil Falls. I could spend a lot of time there.

Doug, I know you have the route. You must share it.
    Check out .

Comment

Russ, thanks for the pics! They seem to resemble most of the other trails in the area - but it must be thrilling to see the waterfalls and Telluride on your way down, making for probably the most talked-about trail I've heard of.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thursday August 6 we loaded up the camper and Jeep and headed for Mushroom Gulch, the campsite for the geocaching event Mountain Fiesta near Buena Vista.

Friday August 7 Dave and Eric led 10 of us up Mt Antero.

Mt Antero 14,269

After Mt Antero we headed for Brown Lake.

On Saturday August 8 Dave and Eric led 13 of us on Chinaman Gulch.

Chinaman Gulch Trail with Mt Princeton in the background

Team Reid

After dinner we all sat around the campfire telling tall tales for hours.

Sunday August 9 we packed up the truck, camper and Jeep and headed for my cousins house in Parker Colorado.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

That is some gorgeous country over there.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
            Doug, I know you have the route. You must share it.
            I used 2 websites almost exclusively to do all the planning.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

http://www.narrowgauge.org/4x4/html/4X4.html

We borrowed the Wells book and bought the Massey/Wilson book and we had some USFS and BLM maps.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Monday August 10 we arrived in Golden Colorado at the Coors Brewery at 10:15am. It is the largest brewery in the world covering 55 acres.

After Coors we wanted to go tour Fat Tire but after a phone call we found out they are closed on Mondays.

We drove back to Denver and headed for the US Mint. We arrived at 3:15pm only to find out that it closed to visitors at 3pm.

My mom and dad headed back for Parker while Tracy, my cousin Chris and I enjoyed some refreshments at some of the pubs along the 16th St Mall. We rode the bus to the train station and got our tickets for the train ride home after the game.

We met a friend Lynn at will call at 5:30 and headed into Coors Field. The Rockies beat the Cubs 11-5 and Troy Tulowitzki hit for the cycle.

Sunset at Coors Field

Back in Parker Colorado at 10pm.

Tuesday August 11 we left Parker Colorado, my cousin Chris, Dave and their family and my mom & dad at 8:15am and started the long journey home. We drove until 8pm and found a camping spot in the Fish Lake National Forest, Utah, off route 2691.

Wednesday August 12 we left Fish Lake National Forest at 8:15am and arrived back in Norco at 8:15pm.

All my photos have been uploaded. Tracy has more photos and some videos but the computer in Norco is down right now.
              http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Colorado%2009/

It was a wonderful adventure, one we will never forget and one we will be talking about for the rest of our lives.

Comment

SO when you going back?

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
                  SO when you going back?
                  Summer of 2011

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post

It was a wonderful adventure, one we will never forget and one we will be talking about for the rest of our lives.
                    I can see that by your pictures. Some very beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing.
                    Check out .

Comment

Tracy's videos

Team Reid on Poughkeepsie Gulch

The Splashes on Poughkeepsie Gulch

Kickbak Jack on Poughkeepsie Gulch

Hummingbirds in camp on Mineral Creek

Tracy has her pictures on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...&id=1198245887

Comment

Hey!
                        You forgot my favorite shot!!!

The Black Pearl Squirrelized

Comment

I looked at all your photos in your photo album and it was Amazing! I was in Silverton a couple of years ago and took a hummer tour. Now I have my own rubicon and want to go back in my vehicle at my own pace. There is a local club run there next year that I am going to try and make and you just made me want to go back even more... Thanks for the great pictures!

Comment

Working...
                          X