Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very repairable just get some good repair estimates, then take the money and repair it yourself. Do check the rims and the rear axle shaft though to make sure its not bend, same goes for frontend parts. Take some time to assess everything, once you got Mabel running drive it around a bit just as it sits to see how it drives and tracks gives you a good idea if the damage is just superficial or more pronounced
    Last edited by aw12345; 07-19-09, 05:45 PM.

Comment

AGREED. dont let emotion dictate your sell/no sell. cool off a lil, and let your ins company decide if its repairable. if so, get a check (they are usually fat ones) and upgrade that bitty. sometimes i wish i could get into a non-injury accident so i can run some dynatracs.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
        Thanks everyone. I may be taking some offers up soon. Am going see what the insurance says. I have way to much invested to let it get a total. I am right now just trying to shake it off.
        Bad deal with your jeep, glad you are ok though...once again guys,... we see more reasons for a good roll bar setup. The man is still alive and well instead of in a hospital or dead. Sorry about your rig. Our event went well on John Bull trail yesterday. here is a link to the report and pics.
        http://rebelchapter4x4.com/forums/vi...44c4c9020a893a
        Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 07-19-09, 05:42 PM.
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Heck, if they decide to total it, take the check; they have to give you a chance to buy the "totaled" Jeep back from them, so do it. Then you'll have the money and the Jeep.

I'm amazed your hood appears to be completely unscathed.

Now would also be a great time to put a real cage in there. When I was building mine I sometimes wished I'd just gotten a cheap stock sport bar and a "trail cage" kit, but I'm glad I went the route I did--especially after the 2nd roll. If I'd had a real cage when I'd rolled the first time, the sides of my tub would still be straight.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Now would also be a great time to put a real cage in there.
            the reason I am still here is because I had rretrofitted the front of that cage into a "real Cage". You can rest assured the next one will be full.
            with out the window cage and double spreaders and the replacing the front bars or the bolting the cage to the front, instead of the 2 bars offered stock, I would have been a goner. When I went over I curled up and rode it out. I received a 1 inch scar for all of that on my wrist. I am convinced about retrofitting the cage.
            The engine will be the sticking point on the buyback if they total it, the tub is bent, we can see that now, the frame measures out strait and all the undersides appear unscathed. I think a rebuild would work if the engine is ok, without that engine ther rebuild will cost quite a penny and a new Rubi will be in the future
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Make sure to show your Ins Co. reciepts for ALL the aftermarket parts and labor (yours and any shops)

Glad to hear your alright...........
              Its no fun without family

Comment

wow, good idea, cept a lot of those were sponsored parts and labor.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                  wow, good idea, cept a lot of those were sponsored parts and labor.
                  dont tell your insurance company about that part... Also, something a lawyer told me years ago. If the insurance company totals your vehicle always refuse there first offer. They will ALWAYS give you more money. ask them how much to buy it back before you refuse there first offer so they cant switch that price. Best of luck...
                  Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 07-19-09, 07:47 PM.
                  "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                    dont tell your insurance company about that part... Also, something a lawyer told me years ago. If the insurance company totals your vehicle always refuse there first offer. They will ALWAYS give you more money. ask them how much to buy it back before you refuse there first offer so they cant switch that price. Best of luck...
                    Good advice!

Comment

it starts and runs, whew, was hydro locked. I blew oil everywhere clearing that

Comment

pics of the run...

Comment

Thanks for the pics Larry

Comment

Working...
                          X