Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cleghorn night run

We had a greater than expected turnout for this thing which was awesome, from what I just found out Jim (Blackzzr) on the board got in an accident on the freeway on the way home from the run. Kind of over shadows the run and the good time had by most of us.
    Thanks again to all that came out for this run, It's very much appreciated by me Fred and Steve.
    I greatly enjoyed the company of you all, I had originally anticipated maybe 3 or 4 jeeps, but I think we ended up with 20 something. No breakage on the trail besides some scratches and a couple of flares and a near frlop from the Toyota land cruiser, but he managed to drive out of that with a little help. After the main run we ran the trail back to the 15 and had a ball doing so.
    If any of you took pictures please post them up.
    Thanks again folks

Last edited by aw12345; 07-19-09, 05:13 PM.

Well Art and Fred, it was good to see you guys again. Had alot of fun running my Grand Cherokee up and over the trail, to see what it would do. At times it looked like rush hour traffic, coming up the hill on a holiday. See you later, Kevin.

Comment

censored for having an opinion

Comment

Hope you are feeling okay this morning . . . glad to hear no one was hurt badly. The Jeep doesn't look bad at all considering, good excuse for tube fenders!
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Wow after seeing that I am glad your ok BlackZZR (Jim?)! Yikes.

I added the pics we took over here
          http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...=14817&page=10

Comment

This was a great run and I had a blast figuring out what the next level up was for me in The Limo. Some things looked harder than they were and others were more difficult than they looked.

Art, thanks for putting this together!

Those pictures of the rolled Jeep are a great argument for getting a cage and body armor even for the street.

Jim, I hope you feel physically OK today. That looks like it would hurt a lot on the following day.

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

have a few more pics over at JGT
              you can see the tub is bent in the rear and the tailgate is toast.Also teh mengine will not budge this morning. I am sore but alright
              I really believe in a reinforced roll cage. there are slide markes on either side and the top, I really went for a e ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                have a few more pics over at JGT
                you can see the tub is bent in the rear and the tailgate is toast.Also teh mengine will not budge this morning. I am sore but alright
                I really believe in a reinforced roll cage. there are slide markes on either side and the top, I really went for a e ticket.
                So what happen? Did you look another way and did the "oh sh!t" thing. Or someone cut you off? Just curious.

Comment

Jim after you take the sparkplugs out and crank it for a bit I am pretty sure Mabel will live.
                  Some fenders (I have some) and a window froame and mabel will roll like nothing ever happened.
                  Glad you are ok maybe some wheels with a bit less back spacing for a bit more stability?

Comment

Jim, sorry to hear about the crash and I'm really glad you are alright.We had a great time on the trail.

Comment

Windshield Frame

Jim, very sorry to see your beautiful rig tossed up. I can truly sympathize. Glad you're ok, that's the important thing. Anyway, I've got an OEM windshield frame that will fit that thing. You'll need to clean the goop out and you'll want to paint it (it's dark metallic blue), but it will help get you back on the road.

David
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

Art. Thanks for setting up this run. What a nice turn out. We had a great time wheeling and meeting everyone.

Jim, So sorry for here about the crash. Hope you are feeling better. See you back out on the trail soon.

Pete

Comment

Windshield Frame

Jim, very sorry to see your beautiful rig tossed up. I can truly sympathize. Glad you're ok, that's the important thing. Anyway, I've got an OEM windshield frame that will fit that thing. You'll need to clean the goop out and you'll want to paint it (it's dark metallic blue), but it will help get you back on the road.

David
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Thanks eeryone. I may be taking some offers up soon. Am going see what the insurance says. I have way to much invested to let it get a total. I am right now just trying to shake it off.

Comment

holy crap Jim, that jeep was amazingly functional. well, still is, just needs some work.. willing to help if you need it. btw the jeeps not the important thing. you are.. glad your ok.

DONT TAKE NO STUPID OFFERS! THAT JEEP IS NICE. JUST GET COMP CORNERS AND SOME TUBE FENDERS AND A WINDSHIELD. YOU NEED A TRAIL JEEP ANYWAYS.
                              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                              X