Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big bear YP camping

FishPOET's yellow post writ-ups inspired me to do some camping. 2blk2drs and I are planning on taking a four day weekend and running some trails. Anyone who would like to joining us just say the word. We would like to run John Bull and explore Deep Creek. One of the days we are going to try to do a early morning run to Bullfrog in Johnson Valley. We have limited knowledge of these areas. So if you want to learn with us or show us the way we would love to see you up there.

-Scott
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

For John Bull I would suggest running it on a week day
    other than this coming friday or the monday after this weekend. That or run it at night. Unless of course you enjoy waiting half a day to take your turn.
    The rock bashing is fun to watch though, also the gate keeper thing on the east side got dug up pretty bad during the forest fest, 60 to 80 jeeps getting stuck in the same spot tend to do that.
    So it will take you some work to get past it, but then that is part of the wheeling fun.
    Dishpan is a fun trail and your Jeep should have no problem with that one

Comment

Thanks thats a great idea. Ill plan on running JB on Monday. want to come show us the way?
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

2 weeks from now after the trail work would work for me. JB is fun in the dark and no crowds to bother with.
        It will be a challenge for ya tough especially if you run it east to west. If Russ had a very hard time with it before it got all dug up then ya know. be in for some work, you stack the rocks lol I'll watch

Comment

Ill see if I can hang some rock lights between now and then and well give it a try. It will make for a LONG day.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

True, but what fun and a couple of Monster drinks can be your friend lol

Comment

If we are doing a night run I would rather do Dishpan. I don’t want to break something in the middle of the night. It would ruin the next few days of my vacation.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Nothing wrong with Dishpan, it's easier to get through that one

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                  FishPOET's yellow post writ-ups inspired me to do some camping. 2blk2drs and I are planning on taking a four day weekend and running some trails. Anyone who would like to joining us just say the word. We would like to run John Bull and explore Deep Creek. One of the days we are going to try to do a early morning run to Bullfrog in Johnson Valley. We have limited knowledge of these areas. So if you want to learn with us or show us the way we would love to see you up there.

-Scott
                  we are heading up friday am and will have all day saturday and sunday to wheel. I have a radio now and will have it on 147.480.

would like to run JB but if their is too much traffic...??? my buddy knows the mountain pretty well and has a couple of runs planned or is open to something else. let me know if you want to hook up.

later

Comment

Awesome, I thought you were going 4th of July weekend. Sunday the 12th we might want to do Gold Mountain or Pontiac Sluice. Maybe John Bull towards the end of the day so its not so busy. I dont have a HAM radio yet... so CB will have to do. I will post up when we get there what yellow post site we are and and you have my phone number.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

im an idiot....were going this weekend, i missed the part about "7-11 to 7-14"....

Comment

FYI. We are planning on trying for YP2 near Fawnskin. If it is full we will be camping at Heartbar Yellow Post.
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

YPs 1-7 are in the Butler 2 Fire closure area.
                          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I thought YP2 was almost right on the lake near Fawnskin Fire department. I will be towing a 12 Rv with very little ground clearance. Heartbar is my fallback but I would like to camp on the north side of the lake. Any suggestions?
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              I thought YP2 was almost right on the lake near Fawnskin Fire department. I will be towing a 12 Rv with very little ground clearance. Heartbar is my fallback but I would like to camp on the north side of the lake. Any suggestions?
                              We were up there a few weeks ago, and there are only 2 YP sites open on the north side (31 and 32, I think?), both of which are pretty rough to get to. Though you should be able to go to any of the group sites on the north side. Crab / Big Pine Flats is it? I don't remember the names...the roads to them are pretty well maintained.

-Slim

Comment

Working...
                              X