• Show
Clear All

we will be there friday night
    I am gonna try to leave here around lunch time friday
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

sweet. What about Andrew?
      The only time I can come up there is friday evening. Are you guys going to do a run that evening? I also dont want to jack up my jeep before the Rubicon trip. If so do you think anyone would have an extra seat?

I get off work around 5pm
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Swing on down, i will be there around 3 or 4
        i think i am taking Kurt in my Jeep, but there might be another seat.
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
          Swing on down, i will be there around 3 or 4
          i think i am taking Kurt in my Jeep, but there might be another seat.
          Stuart,
          Here's a new icon for you.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

does't sound like anyone has an extra seat. Will you guys even be doing a run this evening?
            I'll check on here when I get home I guess.
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
              Shit! Not sure if my junk is going to be finished by this Saturday. Plus I will need to break in the gears and don't know if I will have enough time to hit the trail. I just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Oh no! Vern you had to go there, eh!

Originally posted by Britain View Post

Drew
                95yj Six Pack

Comment

dot dash dot up graded trail to "Jack Rabbit on steroids"

Drew, That was my first time on that trail....I still remember the tree stump that took out your ax....and it was hot and I was out of water. Good thing fer that water well pump at the bottom eh?

That was about 5 years ago wasnt it?
                  Last edited by Britain; 08-07-09, 10:00 PM.
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

LOL! Yep that sounds about right. I just dont get it that everytime i go their, something always happens to my rig. What gives! Its like somekind of bad juju

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                    dot dash dot up graded trail to "Jack Rabbit on steroids"

Drew, That was my first time on that trail....I still remember the tree stump that took out your ax....and it was hot and I was out of water. Good thing fer that water well pump at the bottom eh?

That was about 5 years ago wasnt it?
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
                      LOL! Yep that sounds about right. I just dont get it that everytime i go their, something always happens to my rig. What gives! Its like somekind of bad juju

Everyone has a trail like that. That just means you have to keep going back until you whoop that puppy! I flaked big time today. Didn't wake up until 8AM and then stayed in bed till almost noon! Damn did it feel good...
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Ha! I feel ya Ratman! I just need to get through it without any major breakage and the bad juju will leave me alone from then on, lol!

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                        Everyone has a trail like that. That just means you have to keep going back until you whoop that puppy! I flaked big time today. Didn't wake up until 8AM and then stayed in bed till almost noon! Damn did it feel good...
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          When's the make up run then? I'm itching to do this trail.
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Ratman, How does the 22nd or 23rd sound for a makeup day run? This way we can get a group all together in plenty of time for all those who would like to experiance this narly trail. Maybe we can also convence Vern join us.

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                            When's the make up run then? I'm itching to do this trail.
                            Drew
                            95yj Six Pack

Comment

First CJ7 Shakedown Run

Well Stuart, Shari and I were the at Bronco Peak last Saturday and ran the Bronco Peak, the Connector and Sidwinder. I was the first time we had the CJ out since the latest modifications

We didn't realize the best part of Bronco Peak was at the begining. We ran through bottom and found ourselves at the back of a large group of Jeeps from the Capo Valley 4X4 Club. They were nice guys and let us through when and where they could. We all gathered at the lookout area, met and then the three of us left.

With the best part of the trail behind us we started playing on the off shoots and obsticals we could fined.

Last edited by Double AA; 08-12-09, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Mike, we didn't know until Saturday but as it turned out, there was a seat for you with Stuart. Kurt and I believe Drew had Jeep problems and couldn't make it.

Stuart and I made some minor adjustments to my Jeep before we ran the first trail and everything held together for the day. I made a list of mostly small items to get taken care of before the next run, but they are all small changes. The one item that bothered me the most was that the seats were mounted much too low. There was plenty of adjustment to push the seat way back, so to keep my knees lower than my chest I slid the seat as far back as it would go. I felt like I was a five year old driving his Dad's Buick. I couldn't see over the dash. Anyways we had a blast and really enjoyed the area.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AACJ7#pl.../1/omM8bmTExbA
                                Last edited by Double AA; 08-12-09, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X