Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bronco Peak 6/27

one_crf_pilot, 2blk2drs, and I went out to Corral Canyon on Saturday to do some exploring. Corral Canyon is a fairly small OHV area compared to the rest of the SBNF but we found a few enjoyable trails. I had a great time with these guys. one_crf-pilot brought along his nephew CJ who had never been rock crawling before. He was very impressed. The only carnage for the day happened at the Bronco Peak trailhead. Doing my best to not block the trail I parked as close to the bushes as I could. When I backed out of my parking spot I punctured my sidewall with a piece of wood. We ran the trail all the way up the North side until the last obstacle at the peak. There are lots of sharp rocks and half buried wood so we decided we had destroyed enough tires for the day and headed back down the North side. The weather was great so we all headed up the Sunrise Highway thru Julian on the way home. Sean was the only one who remembered to bring his camera so than you for all the pictures.

BFG A/T KIA

The Crew(OU812-2blk2drs-one_crf-pilot)

Pictures never do it justice but this was a rock rail basher.

one_crf_pilot showing us how to tackle the hard line

2blk2drs' home made rock rails hard at work.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Looks like you found the greasewood. Just patch it up real good and only use it for a spare. I used to live out there when I was a kid. Great place to be a kid at the time. I haven't wheeled in Corral Canyon for a long time, so I'd like to get back real soon; maybe camp overnight, specially since it's a long drive for me. Hey that place can be fun when it's raining!
    holes = cowbell

Comment

sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have gone.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Bronco Peak 6/27

hey thanks again guys for letting me tag along, it was fun, and I am definately going back to that one..... maybe I'll see you in Big Bear next week...

Comment

That sure looks like a juicy thorn. Glad you all had fun and got home safely. My Jeep should be ready for wheelin by next week. Cant wait!
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

Bronco Peak this weekend Sat. 8/8

Anyone up for Bronco Peak this Saturday? After breaking five teeth on the rear ring and blowing a ARB air grommet, I am ready to hit it again.
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
              Anyone up for Bronco Peak this Saturday? After breaking five teeth on the rear ring and blowing a ARB air grommet, I am ready to hit it again.
              Andrew is getting his beast back and will be out there Saturday. I'll be there to pull his junk off the pebbles that get stuck under it!
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt,
                Bronco Peak has gotten a lot tougher since the last time you and I have gone. It is definitely a double diamond and will require two lockers. Open diffs will get you a burned out clutch and three wheels will get you through most of the stuff and will require a winch to get you up and over three steep inclines with big boulders in the way. It is brutal….

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Andrew is getting his beast back and will be out there Saturday. I'll be there to pull his junk off the pebbles that get stuck under it!
                Drew
                95yj Six Pack

Comment

On my last trip I turned back just befor the peak from the NW side. Is it much harder on the other side?
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    that is why we like wheeling with you Kurt, I will bring my junk so you can pull me off the pebbles also.
                    !!
                    moon buggy
                    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Very nice! I think we might have a group thus far. I will feel everyone out toward the end of the week closer to Friday..
                      Drew
                      95yj Six Pack

Comment

You guys are KILLING me! I SO want to be there to 'help' Double AA over the pebbles but I guess I will have to wait for the next trail he tries!

Have fun and PLEASE post pics! I will have to live vicariously though you, so please don't let me down.

Hey Kurt! Stop hoping dude, really, it won't rain. It only rains when Sharon and I go. :wink:

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        On my last trip I turned back just before the peak from the NW side. Is it much harder on the other side?
                        Hey Scott, it's a completely different trail if you climb it from the north side. Climbing up looks like this (in the RAIN of course):

It is a 'bunny trail' according to Britain. That means it is a 'fire road' to Art (aw12345). :dunno:

Regardless of what you call it, it is just plain FUN!

But, ....sigh... I can't go this time...

Again, have fun and please post up!
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Have fun and PLEASE post pics! I will have to live vicariously though you, so please don't let me down.
                          X2 X2 X2

Scott

Comment

Shit! Not sure if my junk is going to be finished by this Saturday. Plus I will need to break in the gears and don't know if I will have enough time to hit the trail. I just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
                            Drew
                            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Is no one going up Friday night?
                              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X