Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, were back from our trip. It went ok. No damage or major issues to report. Started off rough. Went to check trailer tires for PSI. The rubber steam broke off. So, on went the spare and we had to stop by the tire place to fix our new spare. Then had to go do a few business things. We finally got on the road at 10:30am. A lot later than I had planned. We went through 18>138>14>5>101 (through Palmdale) not the 210 to the 5fwy. The Avalanche didn't do well in the heat. Very surprised. She ran 210-225*! After we passed through she cooled down and we were able to turn the a/c back on. Power was good. I got about 12mpg doing about 60-65mph.

We finally arrive and realize what we left "forgot" at home. The ramps for the Jeep. A quick run to home depot and we got some wood (2x8x12 I think). We found out that isn't strong enough. Got it off though without damage. By the time we got to the beach it was late. We did a quick pass in the Jeep with a small part in the dunes and went to dinner and called it a night.

We woke up. We went down stairs and had the free breakfast at the hotel. Actually, not bad! Eggs, toast, bacon, ceral, muffins. You name it. They had it. Drinks, Orange juice, cranberry, etc all fresh! After, I was ready to go play and....I was out voted. So, we took the Avalanche to the beach and walked the stores (got the pirate flag on Jeep) and hung out there for the day (forgot son's stroller at home!) On the way back to the hotel. We went sight seeing. Had a good time. We got lossed. Time well spent. Finished the night in the spa while my older girls watched my son (sleep). Pool was heated as well. Nice hotel "Holiday Inn Express".

Alright, last day were going to the sand! We did. Spent the whole day there. Weather was great (picture included). It was approx 70* outside. Not a lot of people there actually. We saw whales, sea otters, and dolphine. My older daughter and I mainly did the dunes. We all took turns going down the beach. Found out (didnt get stuck) that 15psi is ok on the beach, but 10psi is a must in the dunes. I had it in 2nd and 4-hi mainly. I didn't do nothing crazy. Sorry guys! While I am sitting back. I remember I was going to meet some MJR people at the beach. I look for the number and guess what? You got it. I forgot it too at home. Sigh!

On the way home I mentioned a dozen times, it went to quick!

After I got home. No signs of the axle leaking and all went well. :thumbs_up

I will post some more pictures when I get settle in.

Ron
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-02-09, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Nice picture, sounds like a great time. Your jeep Is looking great. I think that is the first picture you have posted with it dirty.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        Nice picture, sounds like a great time. Your jeep Is looking great. I think that is the first picture you have posted with it dirty.
        I'll have to photo shop it. I mean post a clean one

Thanks. It's getting there. I'll post some more pictures later. That one was taken with my cell phone.

Forgot to mention! We saw a deer run through the beach on our way out. :dunno:

Comment

Ron and Dawn,

Glad you had a fun trip! Add your fogotten items to your check list for next trip. All trips should have a little adventure. Don't forget to high pressure that salt off your rig.

Mitch

Comment

I did. I also used a whole can of wd40 under the Jeep and on misc parts before we left. Who knows, I think it helps.

Comment

Ron, sorry we missed you and that you had to head back early. Glad you had fun and got the jeep out on the sand.

Deb and I had a blast out there today and will tomorrow as well.

I'll post up some pictures later.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by stevens243 View Post
                Ron, sorry we missed you and that you had to head back early. Glad you had fun and got the jeep out on the sand.

Deb and I had a blast out there today and will tomorrow as well.

I'll post up some pictures later.

Larry
                It's me that's sorry. I blew it. I would like to have went out with someone with some experience All the times I have been there (since 1970's) It's always with someone who had experience (dad). As I got older, I just went out there for a quick ride on the beach. It's my turn to be dad, so I need to learn quick...lol!

Well meet up again. For sure!

Ron

Comment

My three kids and me!

Bird waiting for fish.

Ethan and his big sister (oldest) walking to the water

Horses on the beach for a walk

Back roads at Pismo

Splash Cafe. Great sea food!

View of Pismo Beach

Pismo Beach bird

This one is for you Scott I think it's clean.
                  Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-02-09, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Alrighty, up early for the start for Pismo day 2 but here are some pix from yesterday.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Stevens243/PismoThur#

Comment

And a quick video from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6XmrgXdEhc

Comment

Originally posted by stevens243 View Post
                        And a quick video from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6XmrgXdEhc
                        My wife said, I would have done that alone! lol. Glad your having fun and you turned around for the wife. I laughed when I heard her say that.

Curious, did you have it in 4-hi? Sounds like you hit 3rd gear? I think you have 4:10 if I remember?
                        Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-03-09, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Yep, still running 4.1 gears. Next thing on the list.

I think I was hitting 2nd and stayed there until the top. As long as I keep the revs over 3K it will pretty much climb a wall.

We are beat. I'll post some more stuff probably tomorrow or Sunday.

Happy 4th! Happy Birthday America!!

Comment

Working...
                          X