Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cleaning up Calico!

Un-Officailly 14 rigs with 22 caring offroaders met at Mule Canyon to clean up trash left by others on Friday. We filled trash bags as we headed east in Mule Canyon, then north to Kramers Arch, Bismarck Mine and various areas back to the camp. I left after lunch at Kramers Arch and took Phillips Drive back to Mule Canyon as the others continued alond the route. It is a good feeling to give back to the other users and to show the BLM that there are people that care and are will ing to help keep our PUBLIC LANDS open for the public. Thank you to all that had Friday off and could help. Someone did try to throw a wench in our plans....but thats another story! A great effort by concerned offroaders.

Mitch

Mule Canyon

Heading to Kramers Arch

Lunch

Phillips Drive

Very cool, Mitch.....I hear the mines up there are BIG TIME!!!
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Dave,

There are a bunch of mines and some of them are very big. you would love this place! Put it on the list.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch, A big Thank You to you and all who made it to help out with the clean up!!!
        For sure your hard work and efforts will go unnoticed!! Thanks again!

Comment

We had 7 rigs show up for the driver's meeting at 9am on Friday

7 more rigs showed up around 11 am.

Chuck

Cleaning up a hillside

The "Black Pearl" with a back seat and roof rack full of trash.

One of the trucks headed for the dump. We took 4 truck loads of trash out of Calico.

On the trail near Kramer's Arch

Odessa Overlook
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

nice job guys.
            who's is the jeep with the aluminum corners?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

that was geralds jeep nice guy and sweet rig
              [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                that was geralds jeep nice guy and sweet rig
                that is what i thought.
                i know Gerald well. great guy. i was just making sure my eyes weren't tricking me.
                ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                  nice job guys.
                  who's is the jeep with the aluminum corners?
                  He was with us at KOH
                  you must have not seen him cause he is alot shorter than you, look down next time Erik !!!
                  moon buggy
                  5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

that is what i thought.
                    i know Gerald well. great guy. i was just making sure my eyes weren't tricking me.
                    you are correct my fine sir

I just wanted to let everyone know that you guys rule and put forth a great days worth of work picking up garbage

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                      He was with us at KOH
                      you must have not seen him cause he is alot shorter than you, look down next time Erik !!!
                      Stu! That hurt!
                      http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                        He was with us at KOH
                        come on now, Stewart! he isn't that short
                        ERIK

Comment

that is what i thought.
                          Hey Erik!

Missed you! Hopefully we can wheel soon! The guys were great! Kurt really got me jammed up on Gatekeeper! In all seriousness, I was able to drive up it once Kurt and Chuck got me lined up correctly.

I'm going put Stu on a bad line next time I see him!
                          http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

provelogear, thanks for taking some trash with you .....

also your gatekeeper run was very impressive and be sure to keep me updated on the sway bar i am really interested

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                              Hey Erik!

Missed you! Hopefully we can wheel soon! The guys were great! Kurt really got me jammed up on Gatekeeper! In all seriousness, I was able to drive up it once Kurt and Chuck got me lined up correctly.

I'm going put Stu on a bad line next time I see him!
                              that gate keeper can hand you your ass in seconds.
                              i have spent more money on the few rides up the gate keeper on broken crap than on the few years of broken crap in JV.

i am looking forward to getting out with you soon as well, Gerald. i'll be out of town for our anniversary in Hawaii, so i had to save my pennies and apply my time right now to wrap up loose ends with work before leaving town.

when i get back, we'll have to go out and play.

to keep some "on topic" conversation in this thread, you guys rock in taking this job on out of the kindness of your hearts, and to support the wheeling community.
                              nice job!

for those sierra clubbers to lump this group into a detrimental group of wheelers is shameful. i hope they are able to discern the differences before long and own up to their mistake.
                              ERIK

Comment

Working...
                              X