Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Russ, Nick and Barb! Very good information. I hope to make at least one or two days. I wish it wasn't such a drive for us, although because of the organization of this event, we'll be taking the car so the drive is more comfortable.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Thank you Russ!

I will get those sign-up rosters generated, and posts, as we discussed at Lytle Creek. Right now however, I have to get to work!

Pictures of the training:
      [CENTER]Linda demostrating use of the Dibble Bar (get the name right or you may get cuffed!)

This is why you'll want to wear hard soled shoes.

Easy there little fella...
      [/CENTER]

[CENTER]David holds the seedling as Linda uses the Dibble Bar to make the hole correct for planting.

Planting to the proper depth.

Ta-Daa!!

Lastly, protect the root collar by shading it.
      [/CENTER]

Okay, now I'm off to make those posts and sign up sheets. [/COLOR]
      Last edited by USMC 0369; 02-22-09, 07:17 PM.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Just got back from the Sunday class. Good MJR representation with Roger, Kurt, Doug, Ryan, Kathy, Alycia, and Myself. This is going to be quite the project. http://www.treepeople.org/ is planning on planting 32,000 seedlings in the forest. As Russ mentioned we all should try to get as many MJR members to help in these efforts. Although most of the work this year will be in the Lake Arrowhead area David did say that there is a plan to plant seedlings near Fawnskin which I hope will be in the Hanna Flats area which is near our trail. Time to give back.
        Last edited by dirtman13; 02-23-09, 07:17 AM.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          Just got back from the Sunday class. Good MJR representation with Kurt, Doug, Ryan, Kathy, Alycia, and Myself. This is going to be quite the project. http://www.treepeople.org/ is planning on planting 32,000 seedlings in the forest. As Russ mentioned we all should try to get as many MJR members to help in these efforts. Although most of the work this year will be in the Lake Arrowhead area David did say that there is a plan to plant seedlings near Fawnskin which I hope will be in the Hanna Flats area which is near our trail. Time to give back.
          Geeze Chuck, I was sitting next to you
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Geeze Chuck, I was sitting next to you
            I realized last night I forgot to put you in there. I don't know how I could forget the class clown. Sorry Roger.

:oops:
            Check out .

Comment

Was Roger stirring up trouble again?

Comment

What? Me stir up trouble?

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                I realized last night I forgot to put you in there. I don't know how I could forget the class clown. Sorry Roger.

:oops:
                Chuck,

I was thinking that you were pretty worn out and just forgot, but I couldn't just let it go without giving you a bad time!!

Mitch,

Me?? Stirring up trouble??? How could you say such a thing?? I did learn something though, Die-hard tree huggers have no sense of humor. They remind me of religous fanatics....
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Wow, how neat! I'm collecting hours from the other thread for the Ang-report.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Not much to add other than it was a great class and some Sunday pics.

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]LOL...how many of you almost stepped on the trees we planted the day before? I almost stepped on one they had planted on Friday. Barb caught me though.[/COLOR]

Comment

Glad to see Kurt looks as bad off in classes other than mine (I thought it was me)
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]LOL...how many of you almost stepped on the trees we planted the day before? I almost stepped on one they had planted on Friday. Barb caught me though.[/COLOR]
                          Most of us almost stepped on the saplings. It took a real effort to watch your step.
                          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

8 hours for me

Comment

Nick 8 hrs
                              Barb 8 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                                Nick 8 hrs
                                Barb 8 hrs
                                I do have these hours for you, Nick and Doug already. But if you want to officially submit hours in the future it's going to have to go into the AAT forum. Thanks you
                                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X