Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: SledgeHammer 1-31-09

Hey guys- I am going to run Sledgehammer on Saturday the 31st with my 4 door JK. Looking for a few capable rigs to join me.

I have driven the JK up to the plaque, but came back down because none of my buddies wanted to continue. I am determined to run the complete trail!!!

Going to camp friday- sunday on Means drylake. Will run Sledge on Sat, but hopefully have time to play around in the area over the weekend.

I am trying to get more JKs to run it--- we'll see.

Also- come on out if you want to watch or support!

Who is up for a challenge???!!!

Post up or give me a call- 760 248 6214

HUNDY

dood I have been wanting to get back there. I will let you know when it gets closer. are you camping or day run
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      dood I have been wanting to get back there. I will let you know when it gets closer. are you camping or day run

That would be cool if you could make it! We are camping for the weekend.

Comment

I'm interested. Not sure I can squeeze it in though. Wheeling this weekend and the weekend after the 31st. Gonna have to be extra nice to the wife :-)
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I'd love to make the pilgrimage to Sledgehammer, but I don't think my Jeep will be ready by then... mainly because I can't rely on 1st gear not popping out.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

If I get back in town in time I will join you. Sledge was my first hammer trail; gotta go back every so often and say hi.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Date: 1-31-09
              Rating: Very Difficult, See Requirements
              As long as I get the GIJEEP fixed this weekend I'll be there for at least saturday. I have always wanted to do those trails.
              Unfortunately, I have to remove and replace the Cylinder Head due to a bad valve so as long as I get that fixed I'm good.

BTW: what are the requirements I wasn't able to find them on the site.

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by DriverJC View Post
                The requirements are usually typed into the first post. In this case you'll have to check with the thread starter, as there are no set requirements for any trail run - it's up to the trail leader.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by DriverJC View Post
                  As long as I get the GIJEEP fixed this weekend I'll be there for at least saturday. I have always wanted to do those trails.
                  Unfortunately, I have to remove and replace the Cylinder Head due to a bad valve so as long as I get that fixed I'm good.

Joel
                  I think by requirements you should check the stickie HERE. Pretty sure it's minimum 35" tires locked front and back. I think I may make this run.
                  “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                  -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                    I think by requirements you should check the stickie HERE. Pretty sure it's minimum 35" tires locked front and back. I think I may make this run.
                    So, 4:1 gears and locked front and rear, but on 33's won't cut it?
                    Money pit!

Comment

I would have pm ed the 100 dollarman and see if he was cool with dragging you over some stuff. The minimun requirement changes somewhat with the amount of patience your fellow wheelers have

Comment

I heard aftershocked can be done on 33's and good driving. Also, I believe 80% is the driver. I've seen more than 1 person in a $50K built TJ that could'nt drive over a speed bump. But I believe Sledge is a little rough on 33's no matter how good you are.
                        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                          But I believe Sledge is a little rough on 33's no matter how good you are.
                          agreed. I wouldn't want to try it.
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Yeah, I think I have to go with Brian. I'm all for getting rigs on trails,, but unless you are willing to take some serious dingers, probably better off waiting. there's nothing wrong with Aftershock; all the Hammer trails are killer! What ever you do, have fun!
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I had a hell of a time on sledgehammer with 35's but then again I dont even know how to drive the thing.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X